When Can We Expect More Information From Princess On The Port Of Houston??

jp20

We've been given the new itinerary for the ship Caribbean Princess. It departs from Houston Port instead of Galveston. When is the Princess site going to offer more information on the Port of Houston? We need to look at hotels, activities, tours, ect. So far it looks very dreary and most of our group wants to fly in the day of the cruise, any suggestions?

We've been given the new itinerary for the ship Caribbean Princess. It departs from Houston Port instead of Galveston. When is the Princess site going to offer more information on the Port of Houston? We need to look at hotels, activities, tours, ect. So far it looks very dreary and most of our group wants to fly in the day of the cruise, any suggestions?

Your best bet is to stay in the Clear Lake area of Houston which is just south of the cruise port. The major tourist attraction is the space flight center that has an excellent display of space flight. There are many hotels, restaurants and shopping in the area. You can go here to find out more about the area: http://www.clearlaketoday.com/

Itineraries will be released in March or April.

If you're flying and you don't absolutely, positively have to fly in embarkation day, fly in the night before. The old saying, "Penny wise, £ foolish" is very apt. If there is a weather, mechanical, operational or any other kind of delay, you'll have three days before you can catch up with the ship and that's only if everyone has a passport. So if you plan to fly in the same day, make sure you have "cancel for any reason" insurance.

Keep in mind that after arriving in Houston, you still have to get to Galveston and be checked in and on the ship at least an hour before sailing. If the ship sails at 4pm, the absolute latest your flight should arrive is 1pm and even that is questionable. Flights (and luggage) are delayed all the time. Why risk it?

This is a much better facility...if you've used Galveston, you know how they have a hard time moving everything, from private cars, busses, parking shuttles, PEOPLE....Bayport will be a huge improvement.

Kemah is close, lots of activities for you and the family...Clear Lake area abounds with things from boating to NASA (what is left of it anyway). :rolleyes:

Deer Park offers lots in way of Texas history...the San Jacinto Battleground/monument, the Battleship TEXAS and grounds.

If you really want to see Galveston, it's only 35+ miles away. Come in a day earlier and enjoy!

Itineraries will be released in March or April.

Keep in mind that after arriving in Houston, you still have to get to Galveston and be checked in and on the ship at least an hour before sailing. If the ship sails at 4pm, the absolute latest your flight should arrive is 1pm and even that is questionable. Flights (and luggage) are delayed all the time. Why risk it?

Are you sure? Because We are sailing in November on the CB out of the Bayside Terminal in Houston. We will not be going to Galveston.....

As for info about Houston, so far I haven't seen much. I was hoping to find a Princess hotel(s) where you get the transfer to the hotel the day before and then the transfer to the pier the day of the cruise. I have my TA looking into this so once I find out something, I will get back....

If you arrive late in the day prior to cruise departure you could always stay near IAH airport. Stay somewhere that has free airport shuttle transport to/from the hotel. The next day take a cab from your hotel to the pier. Regardless of where you stay you'll need a cab to the pier. If you are not coming a day early to enjoy all Houston has to offer and are worried abut the area surrounding the port then this would be my recommendation.

Are you sure? Because We are sailing in November on the CB out of the Bayside Terminal in Houston. We will not be going to Galveston.....

As for info about Houston, so far I haven't seen much. I was hoping to find a Princess hotel(s) where you get the transfer to the hotel the day before and then the transfer to the pier the day of the cruise. I have my TA looking into this so once I find out something, I will get back....

You're right. I didn't read it closely and just assumed the ship was sailing out of Galveston. I still wouldn't fly in the same day.

Princess uses the Marriott at IAH so it would be easy to stay there. There's no transfer to the hotel as you're directed to make your own way there as the hotel is accessible from the terminals. Don't know if you can book the hotel and expect to take the transfer from there or have to go back to one of the terminals. You can book the hotel and transfers as a pre-cruise but I think that would be far more expensive than booking the hotel independently and taking the transfer from one of the terminals.

FYI, here are the directions from my pre-cruise hotel next week. Granted, this is to Galveston, not Houston, but it should be similar. FYI, I paid $179 for the hotel/transfer package. Expensive but being single, I didn't want to have to make arrangements or schlep my luggage.

spacer.gif Package Includes spacer.gifspacer.gif Transfers: (IAH airport) Please utilize the inter-terminal train on lower level as your hotel shuttle to Airport Marriott. Provides: Lodging, room tax, and baggage handling at the hotel. HOUSTON AIRPORT MARRIOTT 18700 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Houston, TX 77032 Phone: (281) 443-2310

Arrival in Houston: After claiming your bags at baggage claim, please utilize the inter-terminal train on lower level as your hotel shuttle to Airport Marriott. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Should you arrive prior to this time, every effort will be made to accommodate you. Information: You will receive a welcome letter upon check-in with information about your transfer to the ship. Check-out: Please remember to settle your account for any incidental charges not covered by Princess Cruises prior to checking out of the hotel.

TRANSFER: AIRPORT TO HOTEL

HOUSTON AIRPORT MARRIOTT

COACH: HOTEL TO GALVESTON PIER

You're right. I didn't read it closely and just assumed the ship was sailing out of Galveston. I still wouldn't fly in the same day.

Princess uses the Marriott at IAH so it would be easy to stay there. There's no transfer to the hotel as you're directed to make your own way there as the hotel is accessible from the terminals. Don't know if you can book the hotel and expect to take the transfer from there or have to go back to one of the terminals. You can book the hotel and transfers as a pre-cruise but I think that would be far more expensive than booking the hotel independently and taking the transfer from one of the terminals.

FYI, here are the directions from my pre-cruise hotel next week. Granted, this is to Galveston, not Houston, but it should be similar. FYI, I paid $179 for the hotel/transfer package. Expensive but being single, I didn't want to have to make arrangements or schlep my luggage.

spacer.gif Package Includes spacer.gifspacer.gif Transfers: (IAH airport) Please utilize the inter-terminal train on lower level as your hotel shuttle to Airport Marriott. Provides: Lodging, room tax, and baggage handling at the hotel. HOUSTON AIRPORT MARRIOTT 18700 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Houston, TX 77032 Phone: (281) 443-2310

Arrival in Houston: After claiming your bags at baggage claim, please utilize the inter-terminal train on lower level as your hotel shuttle to Airport Marriott. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Should you arrive prior to this time, every effort will be made to accommodate you. Information: You will receive a welcome letter upon check-in with information about your transfer to the ship. Check-out: Please remember to settle your account for any incidental charges not covered by Princess Cruises prior to checking out of the hotel.

TRANSFER: AIRPORT TO HOTEL

HOUSTON AIRPORT MARRIOTT

COACH: HOTEL TO GALVESTON PIER

Thanks for the info. As I said, my TA is looking into this for me so we'll see what they come up with or she comes up with.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived