I Need Some Advice

I have been on about 7 cruises since 2007. My mother in law talked me into taking my daughters over spring break that year and I have been hooked ever since. I am currently going through CRUISE withdrawals because I haven't been on one since June 2011 when we went on the Allure for our honeymoon after dating for 16 years. LOL True Story!

Here's my question....We are wanting to go on some type of inexpensive cruise for the end of this June but there isn't much out there for under $3000 for four people unless you hit the three day cruises but by the time you pay for airfare I feel those aren't worth it. I am looking at the Carnival Victory for 5 days that goes to Grand Cayman and Jamacia, but If I sail on Royal Caribbean one more time I can move up a level in Crown and Anchor so I was looking at the Enchanment of the Seas for 4 nights to the Bahamas.

It will be my husband and I with our 14 year old daughter and her cousin. Which one all of you expert cruisers? I have been on neither one of these ships. We are booked on the Liberty of the Seas for next April 2014 but it will be her cousins first cruise so I want it to be FUN.

Thanks so much. It has been a while since I have cruised. I feel so out of the loop.

Sharon

Hebron

Ive only sailed the Sovereign and the Majesty, sister ships, 9 times. Same ship same itenarary and it hasnt gotten old yet. I can not imagine any ship better or any port better than coco cay. Im just in laalaaa land that this is the best. Now, I know thats not true but i just cant imagine it getting any better. Sometimes money is a factor, sometimes i think i can sneak in an extra cruise if i went on another cruise line. But everytime i go to check out their site...i just click back out and say im not trying another cruise line.

I like my gaining member status and dont want to cruise and not get that. So, even though it has crossed my mind to try the other line, its passes very quick. I usually leave out of miami but with the enchantment in PC i am booked there for this may. So, I say stick with RC, if you can, just check last minute specials. I went back in april of 2012 for 400 and that was double occ. It was 189pp for an ocean view and with a 150 credit from my cruise card my cruise was only 250 solo. Thats if you can do the last minutes sales. Good luck.

Maybe you can see what it would cost to drive to Baltimore or New Jersey (I see you are in Kentucky) or to the gulf coast. Maybe that would give you more options and lower prices. I myself wouldn't mind doing a cruise out of Baltimore going to Bermuda. I hear it is lovely there.

I would stick with Royal if possible only to get the step up in C&A points but I would also be willing to try another line if it was significantly less.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mygrace777 - Random question but I noticed you were on the same cruise as me (Majesty of the Seas, May 31 2004) and I have been conducting a long yet futile search for the cruise-in-review DVD from that cruise that I lost a little while back and was wondering if there was any chance you had a copy? I would be forever grateful if you did and would be more than willing to pay more than the large amount they charge on the boat for those things! A long shot, I know, but worth a shot, let me know! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We are looking at the same cruises - have always cruised RC, just don't seem that happy about Carnival. The Victory is a day longer but I think we are going with Enchantment. We would love to cruise out of NJ/NY or MD - but the prices are so much more.

Would love to hear from anyone else that has been on either of these cruises. There will be 12 of us going.

I agree with another poster, you might look at the gulf coast (aka...New Orleans). Depending upon where you are in KY, that might not be a bad drive and could save a lot of money in both airfare and in cruise fare.

Edit-I just re-read and saw you are looking for June timeframe. I don't think they sail during the summer out of NOLA.

Maybe you could change the order of ships and sail on Liberty OTS in June and then a NOLA cruise in April 2014? Just a thought.

Otherwise, I think I would be a hard decision. I would want 5 days over 4 days. But I would prefer RCI over Carnival. Good luck and hopefully someone has sailed on both ships. I do have to say I absolutely loved Liberty of the Seas, you will LOVE that ship!

I have been on about 7 cruises since 2007. My mother in law talked me into taking my daughters over spring break that year and I have been hooked ever since. I am currently going through CRUISE withdrawals because I haven't been on one since June 2011 when we went on the Allure for our honeymoon after dating for 16 years. LOL True Story!

Here's my question....We are wanting to go on some type of inexpensive cruise for the end of this June but there isn't much out there for under $3000 for four people unless you hit the three day cruises but by the time you pay for airfare I feel those aren't worth it. I am looking at the Carnival Victory for 5 days that goes to Grand Cayman and Jamacia, but If I sail on Royal Caribbean one more time I can move up a level in Crown and Anchor so I was looking at the Enchanment of the Seas for 4 nights to the Bahamas.

It will be my husband and I with our 14 year old daughter and her cousin. Which one all of you expert cruisers? I have been on neither one of these ships. We are booked on the Liberty of the Seas for next April 2014 but it will be her cousins first cruise so I want it to be FUN.

Thanks so much. It has been a while since I have cruised. I feel so out of the loop.

Sharon

Hebron

Sharon- I have cruised both ships ( 28 total cruises) and it's a tough choice because the Victory is bigger, PLUS I love Grand Cayman. The Enchantment is a more beautiful ship, and as a Diamond member now, I remember how I loved going to the next C & A level...I don't have a 14 yr.old girl, so not sure what her & cousin would like...neither is anything CLOSE to the Allure ( although the Liberty comes closest, and I was just on her in Nov.,...you will love her!!), but I don't like all the Carnival neony & glitz stuff..the EOS has a soft feel about her...the decision is between 5 days vs. 4 days, or nicer ship, and go up in C & A level...I would do RCI just because I like their ships better & C & A perqs ( don't forget you save $$ as a member)...Good luck!

Big Al

Archived