Baths by boat

MANDALOUWHO

Hey everyone! We will be in Tortola in March and I want to go to the Baths by boat. We have a short day (7am to 2:30pm) and I do not want to take a bus and climb down to the Baths from the top. Our boys are 10 and 6 and I know we will spend way too much time hiking down with them and none of us are the type of people who enjoy that type of thing. Ideally I would like a boat to pick us up at the port and take us to Devil's Bay Beach, drop us off leave us for a few hours and have us back in plenty of time for the ship. I want the boys to be able to go in some of the "caves" and swim around by the rocks. Is this even possible? If so does anyone have any recomendations for a company? I would prefer to book ahead. I am very type A and want to know what we are doing before we get off the boat (i know i have issues lol). Thanks!

I have looked through all posts for the past 2 years and had already contacted most of the suggestions and have been told we do not have enough time in port. There were 2 companies I had not reached out to so I emailed them and will wait to see. Someone mentioned D & D but I can not find any pictures of anything and am notre I am comforatble booking without seeing first. I also have watched the youtube videos of walking fown the trail and it was not the difficuly hike I had imagined. Any guess on how long of a walk it is? Distance not time. I think the boys would be fine going down and up, but do not think the caves would be an option. So I need opinions on which is better - taking the trail down and staying on the beach, but not going through the caves, or being dropped off by a boat. Which option allows you to see more? Is there a cave thing that my husband a 10 year old could go into on either side that isn't terribly hard to get to?

Also, what about Spring Bay and the Crawl? How does that compare to the Baths? If we won't do the caves anyway it seems as though that might be somethigng to consider.

I have looked through all posts for the past 2 years and had already contacted most of the suggestions and have been told we do not have enough time in port. There were 2 companies I had not reached out to so I emailed them and will wait to see. Someone mentioned D & D but I can not find any pictures of anything and am notre I am comforatble booking without seeing first. I also have watched the youtube videos of walking fown the trail and it was not the difficuly hike I had imagined. Any guess on how long of a walk it is? Distance not time. I think the boys would be fine going down and up, but do not think the caves would be an option. So I need opinions on which is better - taking the trail down and staying on the beach, but not going through the caves, or being dropped off by a boat. Which option allows you to see more? Is there a cave thing that my husband a 10 year old could go into on either side that isn't terribly hard to get to?

Also, what about Spring Bay and the Crawl? How does that compare to the Baths? If we won't do the caves anyway it seems as though that might be somethigng to consider.

i have pictures from our d & d but dont know how to post here. what is your email i will send to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beth M:

Did you ever get a time that D&D will leave the Baths on Aptil 23rd? I couldnt get a time from them to leave.

Creole Cruises - Lobster Lunch will go on April 24th. We will have Capt Omaria rather than Glen since he is injured.

Would you also mind emailing pictures to beth_mccloskey@yahoo.com. I am considering booking with Dion for our upcoming April cruise.

Thanks!

After a couple of emails back and forth all I got was Dion leaves a 1 hour after ship docks and leaves 1 hour before ship leaves. There was no more specifics. Feeling a little uneasy about him so we might just go on our own if a boat tour doesn't work out. I have contacted Patouche and Kularu, but they have to have a min. amount of people.

Have you tried to interest others on your roll call? Both Kuralu and Patouche are worth the effort.

Yes I have posted the info on both excursions on the roll call. Only 2 others are interest in the Patouche so it looks like we will be going to the baths on our on. We are the only ship in port that day so the Bath shouldn't be as crowded.

Archived