Decorating cabin doors on Star to Alaska

krazyknit

Cruising to Alaska on the Princess Star on July 20, 2013. Anyone else cruisin' on this cruise? I'm wondering if you decorate your cabin doors??? Please share your ideas. KrazyKnit and JumperJack

There is a thread on the RCI forums about someone having all their xmas door decorations stolen, others who had their wipe boards filled with rude comments..and then stolen . Soit is not all fun and games due to some spoil sports.

We decorated 4 cabin doors for new years on our recent river cruise ( less rowdy crowd probably) and had lots of positive comments by those wishing they had done so. One couple joined in the fun by making up a decoration with party hats, hand written signs and streamers.

We've decorated our cabin doors before with no problem. Doors are metal, so magnet strips on the back of decorations works well.

Friends had a note pad on their door. Was amazed at how many strangers left them a note, but nothing rude.

One cruise was a pirate theme for our group. Some amazing decorations. We were suppose to go to Hawaii 2011, but because of an emergency had to cancel day before the cruise. I had purchases paper flip flops, hybiscus, etc decorations from the party store. Attached magnets (you can buy the flat strip ones that you can cut at the craft store) to the back. Would of been so cute.

Not sure what we will do for our Alaska cruise. I just may print out a photo of Glacier Bay to put on the door. Not sure. Decorating the door is not a necessity, but it can be fun. Let us know what you decide to do. My only recommendations is not to put anything of value on the door in case of theft or damage.

There is a thread on the RCI forums about someone having all their xmas door decorations stolen, others who had their wipe boards filled with rude comments..and then stolen . Soit is not all fun and games due to some spoil sports

I had my christmas door decorations stolen on emerald.

I always decorate my door on all of our cruises. But I use packing tape to secure it to the door as that makes it a little less tempting to steal, I hope. I have never had anyone steal mine. If your cabin is kind of in the middle of the ship, decorating the door makes it very easy to fine your door without looking for the number. I also think it makes a cheerful statment for all to see.

I always decorate our cabin door and (knock on wood) have never had a problem....we also cruised Alaska a few years ago on the Star & I had to get creative as they don't have many pre-made decorations out there for Alaska...I found pictures on Google image search that represented Alaska to me (actual pics + animated) & printed them out / laminated / cut out & slapped a magnet on the backs....some of the images below are close to what I used....Hope you have a wonderful cruise...Alaska is AMAZING !!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAGv7VINhw-AXUuZj-MPG4mpHlDTq4F_lpFywkcZTArx-q3NN6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSynMFrMgLiBV1HlQrqAO9Fw1hE-QTtnYATxB1VAM6R5zCrB2jDqQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpRjdwWolbx_bxGX5IgvzM8-jL5GzcJYfZbDY42JG7syQMgBtV

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc7Vabf5YXHQsuzWVw9VxahYqZ454T2TGmDevitOviMHa9IIyX

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlChJ4DjnrjnpvsXK2iRZD5QsG1BcqBofu5eay9a6MRPtHKbC5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcf5F3tR29VZHUbPBDiWYjz7kDdmCNgmW2ShhY2q5XnpP3rrmJ

Cruising to Alaska on the Princess Star on July 20, 2013. Anyone else cruisin' on this cruise? I'm wondering if you decorate your cabin doors??? Please share your ideas. KrazyKnit and JumperJack

I hope to be able to book this sailing. There's a roll call going for it already.

In all of my cruises to Alaska, I've never seen a decorated door, except for the birthday, anniversary, etc. signs and balloons that Princess provides for celebrations. That doesn't mean that nobody does it, but it's uncommon enough that I have never seen it.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my decorating door question. I will definitely decorate. Probably an Alaskan theme. I am thinking of using tacky (I am a retired teacher and tacky is a teacher's best friend :o) and/or painters tape. My DH and I have spent a lot of time in Western Montana and Glacier and Waterton Parks so I have some ideas. This will be our first trip to Alaska. I am so excited!

Archived