Cave Tubing In Belize

We are scheduled to be on the Elation the week of July 10, 2005 and had planned on booking a cave tubing tour with Reggie's Tours. He was recommended on this and other message boards. When I try to submit a reservation I get the message - file not found - Does anyone know anything about this? Has he changed his business name or gone out of business? Anybody know? :confused:

He son Jahmai and Jahmai's friend Lenny took us last week (we had a great time) and I have emailed Reggie several times and received emails from him just a few days ago. I don't believe Reggie lives in Belize City, as Jahmai stated he lives 95 miles north. I used PayPal to send a deposit and Jahmai and Lenny were waiting for us at 9:00 a.m. next to the lighthouse in Belize City.

We are scheduled to be on the Elation the week of July 10, 2005 and had planned on booking a cave tubing tour with Reggie's Tours. He was recommended on this and other message boards. When I try to submit a reservation I get the message - file not found - Does anyone know anything about this? Has he changed his business name or gone out of business? Anybody know? :confused:

We got the same message, and then called him by phone. He said ignore the error, that the reservation still comes thru. in fact he had ours twice because we tried it twice. It went thru even tho it didnt look like it at the time.

He does have an email addy that is different than using the web site link, but I dont have it here, ill have to check it for you later at home.

We are booked on the Miracle next week and would appreciate the information to book the Cave Tubing with Reggie's tours. Thank you.

Reggies was a great experience. We booked the excursion by e-mail. Made a couple of mistakes on the res., but Reggie responded quickley to our changes. We ended up being the only one's on the excursion (my wife and I). His son did the tour. He was obviously well educated. He asked us if we wanted information on the country before he gave us a ton of information on Belieze. The cave tubbing itself was awesome. An easy 45 min. walk in the forest to the drop in point. Had an option of 10 ft splash into the river or not. River is nice and slow, no/little phisical ability needed.

Basically the BEST excursion we've ever been on. Can't say enough about Reggies. (Plus its cheeper than the ships tour).

Here are the 2 phone numbers for Reggies in Belize, from his email:

011-501-422-0257

011-501-610-1541

Think we used the first one first and got thru to Reggie. The second one may be a cellphone or one of his guides.

We are going on the Miracle in August and were also planning on booking with Reggie for the cave tubing. Did anyone who went with him before have any problems as far as getting back in time to catch a tender to the ship? This is our first cruise and we are pretty nervous about missing it! :confused: Thanks Susan

Miracle August 21, 2005 :D

You can get an early tender by going into the Mikado Lounge at 7:50 a.m. the morning of Belize, getting a sticker to put on your shirt that says "cave tubing" and sitting on the right side of the lounge as you go in. We were picked for the second tender. The first went horseback riding.

Might sound like a dumb question, but I was told the river is calm enough that it would not be a problem bringing our 4 year old. Anyone been that can elaborate?

You better check with your tour operator. We were told by 3 outfits that children under 8 could not go because of Belise law or insurance restrictions.

WENT CAVE TUBING LAST OCT. I CONTACTED ACTION BELIZE (WWW.ACTIONBELIZE.COM) WE HAD A GREAT TOUR GUIDE. HE MET US AT THE SHIP WITH HIS 15 PASSANGER VAN. PRICE WAS $20 LESS THAN BUYING THRU CARNIVAL. WE WERE THE 1ST ONES TO GET TO THE CAVES AND WERE HALF WAY THRU WHEN LARGE BUSES FROM THE SHIP DOVE UP. WITH 100"S OF PEOPLE...WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND AND MISSED THE CROWDS... YOU CANT GO WRONG

WILL BE ON THE DESTINY 6-26-2005...ANYONE ELSE GOING??

We took a tour in Belize with Reggie Tours in Belize to the same caves (plus one more) that the Carnival groups (5 Greyhound bus types) go to. We went to the lounge where Carnival staff are passing out stickers to different tour groups booked through Carnival. They gave the stickers to anyone who wanted one. Get a sticker and get the earlier tender.

I can't speak highly enough of Reggie and his son Jahmai. We have used them twice. (She can swim like a fish and isn't afraid to try anything.) Jahmai was great with her, making sure she was safe and had fun.

We just did the cave tubing about a week ago with Reggies son, it was great- we were a little late due to the tendering but they had someone meet us and we caught up with the group. We did 4 caves there were about 15 in our group verses 430 on the carnival tour. They were very good with the time we had plenty of time even with the late start. I would recommend you go right to the guy at the carnival tender meeting place and tell him you have a private tour so he gets you off the ship early. Also the last 6 miles of road to get to the caves are VERY bumpy.

Archived