Can 3-prong cane with fold-up seat be carried?

NMLady

My husband walks with a cane. In addition to his regular cane he wants to take a 3-prong cane with canvas seat that is part of the cane, folded up and strapped.

He wants to have that cane for port use so he'll have a place to take a breather when walking. Neither cane will fit in luggage. He'll need his regular cane for the ship since it's lighter-weight.

My question is, will there be a problem in taking that three-leg cane through security and onto the plane since he'll also have another cane?

I could carry one if I have to but I'm already carrying his CPAP and a large purse-tote.

Sounds like you are going to have your hands full! My only suggestion is you make sure you put the smaller items under the seats in front of you, rather than in the overhead bins; items like the CPAP and purse/tote, leaving as much room in the overhead bins as possible, so others will also have room for there larger items.

Sounds like you are going to have your hands full! My only suggestion is you make sure you put the smaller items under the seats in front of you, rather than in the overhead bins; items like the CPAP and purse/tote, leaving as much room in the overhead bins as possible, so others will also have room for there larger items.

:confused::(

Archived