QM2 shows- westbound 22 May 2005

bonni99

Maybe i am being picky but the three shows in the Royal Court theatre for our 22nd Westbound crossing were the same as when we sailed May 1st 2004. There was no way I could sit through a second Judy Garland tribute and I felt that more than a year on surely new shows would be in order? We are sailing on december 8th to the caribbean and hope that we wont get rock at the opera, appasionata and zing went the strings yet again! What are other peoples views?

Apparently the cost to the line of shows has increased, as the shows have got more spectacular. Sometimes you wonder how the money has been spent.

I believe they like to keep the same show running two to three years. Some lines have the same shows on many ships at the same time. All this helps to keep the costs down.

Regular passengers do tend to find it a bit tiresome. If I have seen the show before I tend to go to the cinema or listen to live music in one of the bars. All the shows I have ever seen seem to merge in to one, Almgam on Broadway. Sometimes I can watch a show and not realise I have seen it before.

Some people might remember the days before professional entertainment was provided on the Atlantic. I believe horse racing and the passenger concert were the main events.

Best wishes, Stephen.

My wife and I attended all three shows and agreed they were all done very well.....we also agreed that we least liked the Judy Garland tribute.

We both also remember that one of the other shows was introduced as a new show, meaning the songs, etc. were new, but, the "theme" was the same as past. We differed on which show it was!

I agree that the shows were well put together but we were a little disappointed-I hadnt realised that ships kept the same show going for maybe 2-3 years! I mistakenly thought that with cruise lines wanting to keep people coming back year after year that they would offer something new. We did have a fantasticviolinist called Dominique Ava who was the highlight of the crossing shows wise-

We generally cruise with a UK based cruise company P & O. Their shows seem to be the same cruise after cruise, but we do have 2 a year. Also the guest acts seem to be the same old faces too. But, P & O did change one of their shows and I really do miss it even though I've seen it so many times. They changed the Queen show for a mixture of pop through the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's up to the present day. What I'd give to have Queen again. It is just such a good show. I suppose you can't please all of the people all of the time!!!!

Elaine

Archived