Advice pls. Miami stay then Ft Lauderdale

Jeannie333333

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice.

My DH & I are cruising our of Fort Lauderdale in April and will be arriving via Miami International on a UK flight a few days before.

Currently I have reserved 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami so we can spend the day looking around Bayside and taking a tour on a boat or a bus. We have stayed on South Beach before and thought we would try something different.

Then we are going to Fort Lauderdale and staying at Regency Hyatt Pier 66 for another 3 nights, where we will just chill out and take a few boat taxi rides here and there. :cool:

I am not sure on the best way to get from one hotel to the other, and would appreciate your suggestions.

Shall I try and pre-book a taxi / limo or order a taxi on the day we need it?

From previous visits to various parts of the USA we have found pre-booking is much cheaper - will that be the same in Miami or will taxis all cost the same whether pre-booked or not?

I know we could do it cheaper if we used public transport but we have 4 small suitcases so that would not be an enjoyable experience !:rolleyes:

Any suggestions on the most cost effective way, without us having to much hassle ?

Thanks in advance for your helpful comments

Jean :)

I'm not aware of taxi services giving pre-booking discounts in South Florida. Your best bet might be using one of the private shuttle/car companies often mentioned on these boards. SAS might be able to do this for you since both hotels are so close to the ports.

Archived