Cabin Electric outlets

GeneD

Can someone post a picture of NCl's balcony cabin electric outlets? I understand that there is only one 110 outlet near a desk? And one euro type outlet in the same area?

If you know, is the 110 outlet just a single one? Is it a three prong or a two prong? And would a 15' extension cord go from there to near the small bedside table that would be between the beds with the beds separated?

Trying to see what I would need to add plugs to allow for more appliances.

If it makes a difference, we will be on the Dawn.

There is at least one 110 volt outlet and possibly another behind the TV. We have never had a problem, most devices can be plugged in to any of the outlets in the cabin as long as the charger is good for 240 volts , most are., just read the specs on the back of the charger, some chargers come with adapter plugs usually for Europe.

If you need the extra power for a "major" current draw I would do a little more homework, the last thing you need to be doing is popping breakers.

The 110V outlet is a grounded "three prong" outlet. A "two prong" male plug will fit in there, but it will not be grounded. I would bring a three-conductor (grounded) extension cord if I was you. A 15' cord should be long enough.

However, I'm not sure that the bed can be split in two, at least enough to put a bedside table between the halves. It seems to me that the balcony cabins have a single queen sized bed, but I could be wrong. The small couch fills the space between the outside wall and the queen bed.

I would ask that question in a separate thread here on CC.

Thanks for the replies.

If I understand correctly there is a single three prong capable 110 outlet in the cabin (not a dual one above or to the side of the other). I am planning on bringing a three prong multiple outlet recepticle to plug into this single plug that will give me three outlets to use. One for an extension cord to the separated (yes they can be) bedside table and two for charging an ipod/ipad or other device like a battery charger for my camera batteries. I was hoping that a 15' extension would be enough.

Again thanks for the info.

On the Dawn last summer, we found an extra outlet on the day before we left - Unplug the coffee maker!

Endanger my husband's coffee supply? Oh the horror! Never in a million years! :D I'll make sure to bring a power strip.

DML

Archived