RIP Carnival Destiny!

paquebottitanic

DH and I thought that the Inspiration was the worst ever ship we have sailed on with Carnival. Never cruised on the Destiny, and I suspect the Inspiration should be headed to the scrap yard as well.

AGREE!!!!!

I cruised the Destiny & just got off the Inspiration! Destiny's public spaces blow the Inspirations public areas out!

Being on now 10 Carnival ships the Inspiration is the absolute WORST, even worse then the Destiny by a mile! what was Joe Farcus smoking in designing the Inspiration!

Here in vegas we just lost 2 more hotels to be refurbished & renamed (imperial palace-the Quad & bills gambling hall-"a boutique hotel") So im thrilled the Destiny will get rid of her 90's vegas era stuff & be upto date & snazzy once again!!!

Off my soapbox now :o:o:o

I will wait and see what type of reviews there are after she becomes Sunshine. I am concerned that they are taking away public space and adding more staterooms. However, if everything is designed to flow well, the smaller ships appeal to me more than the Dream class. The Dream just didn't seem to flow at all. I don't think bigger is always better. Give me a ship with personality. We are both to old to need all the waterworks and such and even the Dream doesn't have Guy's and Blue Iguana buritos which we really enjoyed.

I hope they make it to Europe...our 2010 vacation was a victim of the Destiny's "propulsion issues" and we were basically tugged from Nassau back to Miami...worst cruise ever.

LOL! I think we must have been on the same float around the Caribbean (aka Western turned Nassau) cruise. We still had a decent time onboard but I'd never re-do that cruise nor book the Sunshine as a result of that pesky propulsion system.

When I was on it with the Saints and Sinnas it was a very nice, very pretty ship. And, we didn't break down once.

Sunshine or not, I'm not too jazzed over the re-naming of vessels. That's not something that should be done :eek:

I agree. Not only do some consider it bad luck (she doesn't need any more of that), it's also a bit underhanded on the part of CCL in my opinion.

Today Carnival Destiny sails on her final voyage, to be torn apart, and will return to New Orleans in the spring as a Frankenstein version of a ship. Called the "Death Star" by crew, this breakdown-prone ship is nonetheless an iconic piece of shipping history: she's the first ship larger than 100,000 gross tons, and the first ship ever built bigger than the venerable old Queen Elizabeth of 1940.

(photo by me, February 2012)

Yes, she's really the only CCL ship that's historically significant and they're treating her like a pariah, something to be forgotten about.

"Sorry, we've never heard of this "Destiny" you speak of. We do have rooms available on our all-new Carnival Sunshine though!" :D;)

Archived