Miracle / Alaska Cabin selection question

meluvtogocruise

Do the 4K! I don't see any insides on Panorama in the mid/aft area. But I still would take the 4K. It's a better location. Panorama rooms are directly under the lido deck, so there could be some spots with noise issues. Verandah deck would be better if you want to be closer to the lido deck.

We had a 4K on the Miracle, and it was nice. We had no view out the French Doors, but some of the rooms are between lifeboats, and will have a little bit of a view. For example: 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149. There is a pattern there. Try to get one of those. We still enjoyed getting the sunlight and fresh air. Disregard that last comment. A balcony would be nice to have if you can afford it. But just go with the cheap room, and go upstairs to check out the views. Carnival has to have some people to fill those inside rooms, and I will not look down on anyone who chooses them.

I was originally booked int he interior with french doors, but just upgraded to an aft balcony last week! It was literally double the price, but I'm hoping the upgrade is worth it!

I know it was an expensive upgrade but I think you'll be glad you did it. I had an inside cabin for Alaska once and never again. I have to have at least an OV but your aft balcony sounds awesome!

I dont want too sound snobbish but i would never sail alaska without a balcony.....

Splurge you will not regret it....

We did Alaska with an Obstructed Oceanview and will NOT do it again without a balcony. We had an amazing cruise, but the scenery is what you go for and it would be so nice to sit out on our own balcony with my pot of coffee and hubbies bucket of beer and just relax and enjoy.

I take 2 cruises a year, one with a girlfriend and one with hubby. Next year (2014) is his 50th so I am foregoing my girls cruise so we can splurge on a balcony for his 50th Birthday Alaska cruise. I'm just waiting for Carnival to get the Sept 2014 cruises up! Otherwise, it may be NCL again.

People, the OP wasn't asking us to convince them to get a balcony. Let's try to keep it on topic. Their options are to either go in an inside or not go at all, and they are looking for advice as to what kind of inside to get. Should they get an inside that's close to lido deck or should they get the better room that's lower? My vote is to go with the better room (the 4K). Just take your cameras and other stuff with you when you go upstairs, so that you don't have to return to the room very often.

Some of us are more social creatures, and we would prefer being out on the public decks as opposed to our own private balcony. And if the balcony people are all on their balconies anyway, the people in insides have the public decks all to themselves, with tons of elbow room, and are free to quickly switch sides of the ship if there are things to see on both sides. I certainly understand that some people love their balconies and feel that they must have one to cruise, especially for Alaska, but I don't know why they cannot understand that there are some people who are not like them. We're all different. Life would be pretty boring if we were all the same. Many of us are willing to cruise, even to Alaska, in an inside. It's better than not going at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

Especially K2 for understanding my post. We did book the 4K. With the help of the good folks here on CC I made sure a got a cabin between lifeboats so there will be at least a small view.

We are pretty active people and won't mind going up to the top of the ship to get our view.

We did have balcony cabins on our Breeze cruise in January (that ate up a good bit of our vacation budget for the year) and enjoyed it some but really found we didn't use it all that much.

Anyway, thanks for the advise. I hope you enjoy your Breeze cruise as much as we did. :)

Mel

Archived