Tropicante or Nohoch Kay

misand

Hello,

We have been to Maya chan and loved it, but my kids want the beautiful water by the Malecon. We haven't been in that area since 2007. We went to the Cat's Meow back then! Is the water still turquoise with no sea grass? I remember it being really shallow for quite a ways. Which has the best beach/ocean area? Food? Bathrooms? I know I am silly but Bathrooms are important! At Tropicante how much is the foo foo drinks? Or ones for kids(non-alcoholic)? Either play tropical music? Any pictures would be great!

I love guacamole and most things mexican. No seafood though! AT Nohoch Kay can you only get one meal the whole day or could you get a quesadilla or something later or more chips and salsa.

Any advice would be great!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from an NCL cruise to W Carib. We spent the day at Nohoch Kay and loved the peaceful beach. The owner, Jaime, was quite hospitable. There was a good menu to choose from (and we don't eat seafood either)....we had lunch of chicken tacos and DH had something else. Later, before leaving, we ordered Guacamole and chips and a pina colada from our beach chairs and that was soooo fresh and scrumptious.

The $40 inclusive fee included everything. We will definitely go back to Nohoch Kay when we go back to Costa Maya - it was that good!!!!

The water was blue, clear, clean, and beach was spotless at Nohoch Kay. I did wear my beach shoes in the water as there were spots of grassy stuff here and there in the water. Could walk quite a ways into the water without it being over my head - 5'4" adult. In spots where it got a bit deep, I'd just swim a bit and reach another shallow area.

There was a bathroom at Nohoch Kay. There was one for men and one for women. Basic - clean but not shinny new or modern. An outdoor faucet shower enabled me to rinse off and then go inside the bathroom to change into dry clothes before leaving in the van to go back to the port. One more point I noticed was the beach was not overcrowded as the owner only sells about 40 chairs a day and there is plenty of room between chairs so one has space. I don't remember any music blaring...I liked the peaceful quiet beach day. Also, there are not vendors vying for business on the beach. Apparently Jaime allows a couple vendors to come onto the beach but those vendors have to agree to clean the beach at 6am every morning to get to do business on his beach and they do not hoover over patrons. There was a family with three children from our cruise at Nohoch Kay. They were able to use the kayaks with adult supervision and I remember sand toys available. Again, there was plenty of room so they were able to have a family day and we didn't get in their way nor did they get in our way.

Thank you so much for your reply! We did book Nohoch Kay. Can't wait after reading your review. Any pictures you cold post? I love both things you said, chicken tacos and guac! Add the pina colada and it can't get much better than that!:D

Archived