Beer/Wine/Water

cruzn4fun

Carnival says that you can bring a reasonable amount aboard ship. We took a collapsible cooler filled with water and soda drinks. It also had wheels with a handle and we checked it with the luggage. The cooler fit nicely under the desk and was out of the way.

beer is "not allowed" but if you put a 6 pack in your checked luggage it will likely make it to your room, you can only carry on wine or champagne for "special occasions"

you can bring a 6 pack of soda and a 6 pack of water per person carried on or checked

You asked about beer, wine, and water. Beer would have to be smuggled on, but wine and water are ok, even in your carry-on luggage. Probably a coupla bottles of wine per person, and I would imagine unlimited water.

What about NA beers? We are sailing on the Elation next month. DH only drinks NA beer, and really only likes one particular brand. I have seen the complete list of beverages served onboard, and his brand is not one of the NA's they serve. How do you all think they might handle it?

Carnival says that you can bring a reasonable amount aboard ship. We took a collapsible cooler filled with water and soda drinks. It also had wheels with a handle and we checked it with the luggage. The cooler fit nicely under the desk and was out of the way.[/QUOT

Cans or bottles? I'm just curious. We want to do the collapsible cooler on wheels too with cans of soda. I'm just wondering if because of the soft sides, cans would get damaged. Thanks.

:confused: sailing here real soon, and want to find out more about bring drinks on board... what kind of cooler, and where do you get one of those.?? after you get on board, can you bring it right to your room , or do you have to carry it around with you till they let you in your room?

We are on the elation, riveara deck. any frige?

I would recommend a soft colapsable cooler that you can pack flat or carry on with swim suits and other dry stuff. One that holds about 12-18 cans. Dedicate a hard sided suit case to your "contraband". When we flew to ports I would pack a suit case inside a suit case, then on the way to the port from the airport stop and get your beverages. I recommend cans ;) be they alcohol or not due to breakage issues. Whe your bags show up load up your cooler, then give your room steward $20.00 when you get to your room and ask them to keep your cooler full of ice. You will have cold beverages all week long.

No worries, and smooth sailing

Archived