Questions about Red Frog Pub

cruiser123103

Does anyone know if they offer the beer tubes at the Red Frog Pub that is on the Lido deck, or are they just offered in the actual Red Frog Pub on the Promenade deck? Can you walk around the ship with them, or just drink them in the Pub?

Also, if you can get Red Frog beverages on the Lido deck, can you order the beverages and beer tubes from the beverage servers walking around the deck, or do you actually have to walk up to the bar? We will be on the Breeze in a few weeks. Thank you!

We only saw them offered in the pub on the 5th floor (and not on the Lido deck). I'm not sure what the "barrel" is that the other poster refers to (so I can't speak to that).

Regarding beer tubes on the pub on floor 5 - They do not let you leave the pub with your tube. One night we had 2 of them. There was still beer left in the tube and we wanted to leave, so the bartender put the remaining beer in a pitcher for us.

Hi, just wondering if the tubes stay cold for awhile or do you have to drink quick? What is the beer that you can get in the tubes?

It doesn't stay that cold, so you have to drink pretty quick and/or share with friends.:D We got it with Thirsty Frog Red beer, which is pretty tasty!

Do I read this right, appetizers charge? Could I bring a burger or sandwich from the buffet and eat it there? I hate to sound like a cheapskate but I like the "included food". So if at lunch time I got a burger from the barbecue could I just bring it u[ to Frog's and buy a tube and eat my burger?

habc has a good question ....

I haven't been on a Crnival cruise in a long long while. From what I remember, all the food was free on the boat.

Maybe that has all changed? (I have heard they have a special SteakHouse resturant now that does not come free), but if it's anything like it used to be, everything else as far as food is free ... so I can't see why you couldn't bring food from one area of the boat to another area.

Maybe I'm just living in the past?

Do I read this right, appetizers charge? Could I bring a burger or sandwich from the buffet and eat it there? I hate to sound like a cheapskate but I like the "included food". So if at lunch time I got a burger from the barbecue could I just bring it u[ to Frog's and buy a tube and eat my burger?

Yes, the appetizers in the red frog are 3.33/ea but from what I've been told they are excellent and well worth it.

As for the rest of your question, I'd like to know the same. If its allowed, I have NO problem whatsoever with looking like the cheapskate carrying his free food into the paid lounge.

The 101 oz. tubes are available on lido deck but only on those ships that have the Red Frog Rum Bar (not to confuse with Red Frog Pub). They are $27.95.

Not only those ships. I saw it on the Imagination during my last cruise, both the beer and the giant tubes. Really good beer.

The following ships carry the beer. There's no connection with whether or not they have the 2.0 upgrades, so on non-2.0 ships, a regular bar, not the Red Frog Rum Bar, will sell Thirsty Frog. (The list was copied verbatim from an old post; the information could have changed by now. I'm sure Magic, which isn't even listed, carries the beer, since it's got the Pub.)

· Carnival Miracle

· Carnival Freedom

· Carnival Destiny

· Carnival Liberty

· Carnival Valor

· Carnival Glory

· Carnival Imagination

· Carnival Pride

· Carnival Dream

· Carnival Legend

· Carnival Victory

· Carnival Elation

· Carnival Conquest

· Carnival Triumph

On that note, does anyone know if Sensation carries that beer?

I carried my food into the pub almost everyday of my last cruise.

This is good information. We sail on the Breeze on 5-19-13, and i had been reading about the beer tubes and the pub. I am interested in trying one of the beers, as i love craft beer, and i hear its exceptionally good! So we will be getting a beer tube and that may turn into 2 or 3 or more! I will definitely be trying some of the appetizers in the pub, but will also bring my own food in there!

i carry food all the time and eat it where i want and no one says a thing. i'll often get some food on the lido and carry it down to one of the pubs where i sit and enjoy the peace at lunch time. the bar keeps don't even care if i don't order a drink and they will often bring me a glass of water.

you see people with food plates all the time wandering around the ship.

This is good information. We sail on the Breeze on 5-19-13, and i had been reading about the beer tubes and the pub. I am interested in trying one of the beers, as i love craft beer, and i hear its exceptionally good! So we will be getting a beer tube and that may turn into 2 or 3 or more! I will definitely be trying some of the appetizers in the pub, but will also bring my own food in there!

you do realize the beer tube is not a drinking vessel but a storing vessel with a spout that allows you to fill a glass. its a beer pitcher on a large scale and isn't transportable. just search: carnival, red frog pub, beer tube

Not only those ships. I saw it on the Imagination during my last cruise, both the beer and the giant tubes. Really good beer.

The following ships carry the beer. There's no connection with whether or not they have the 2.0 upgrades, so on non-2.0 ships, a regular bar, not the Red Frog Rum Bar, will sell Thirsty Frog. (The list was copied verbatim from an old post; the information could have changed by now. I'm sure Magic, which isn't even listed, carries the beer, since it's got the Pub.)

· Carnival Miracle

· Carnival Freedom

· Carnival Destiny

· Carnival Liberty

· Carnival Valor

· Carnival Glory

· Carnival Imagination

· Carnival Pride

· Carnival Dream

· Carnival Legend

· Carnival Victory

· Carnival Elation

· Carnival Conquest

· Carnival Triumph

On that note, does anyone know if Sensation carries that beer?

These ships may serve the Thirsty Frog Red Beer but some of these ships do not have the Red Frog Rum Bar therefore you cannot get a tube.

you do realize the beer tube is not a drinking vessel but a storing vessel with a spout that allows you to fill a glass. its a beer pitcher on a large scale and isn't transportable. just search: carnival, red frog pub, beer tube

Yes, i am aware that it is a stationary beer holder that sits on the table. There is a picture a few posts up. We also have similar things here locally at the wing places. I also dont recall mentioning anywhere in my post that i intended walking around with it, but thanks for your info :)

am interested in trying one of the beers, as i love craft beer, and i hear its exceptionally good!

Imagine Killians Red and you have Thirsty Frog. It's brewed by Anheuser Busch for CCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived