Exes and C&A status

The same can be said for the other side. Every day we live with my husbands bitter ex-wife who is so petty and vindictive and does everything she possibly can to try and keep him from having anything in his life or any happiness. She would be the one to complain that he had some status that had no affect on her financials or her or the children's lives just to be disruptive and take some personal pleasure out of trying to hurt the man that left her and "ruined" her life because he left an abusive relationship. It infuriates her that the children love him and won't hate him like she does... they have even been grounded for wanting to spend time with him or doing something fun with us. You'd think after 5 years and her re-marrying she'd be past that stage. :)

Thankfully I have never had this with my ex's. In fact we went out of our way to make sure the other had everything they needed and argued over who had to take the new tv and VCR, lol. We're still friends to this day for that reason.

So you assume I was petty like your husbands ex?? Quite the contrary. I'm very happy with the decision. I didn't even give it a thought to unlink myself until I called to change my name. The rep askd why and I told her. She explained what would happen. I was surprised that it worked that way.

If you were Diamond with C & A while you were married then he was Diamond too. Royal Caribbean doesn't downgrade people. This is out of your control. Best to let it go, who cares about him anyway.

My advice? Book another cruise!!!

Haha. Good advice! That's what I did. Not he's still Platinum and I'm D+. And so is my present husband…

OP - I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. Even when it's all for the best, it's still painful. Good luck to you. And keep cruising!

So you assume I was petty like your husbands ex?? Quite the contrary. I'm very happy with the decision. I didn't even give it a thought to unlink myself until I called to change my name. The rep askd why and I told her. She explained what would happen. I was surprised that it worked that way.

You're right... I did read it that way. there are so many bitter ex-wives out there (and ex-husbands to) that it amazes me how they treat each other and always want the worst for them. Your post did not indicate any actual feeling one way or the other in happiness or disgust and I interpreted it as being upset that they were letting him keep the points. If that was not why you were asking the question and are happy for him about it then I apologize. :)

Whether you are being petty or not, is your business, and not mine or anyone else's on this board. And you shouldn't feel like you need to defend these feelings. So try to ignore comments of these types (I know, sometimes it is hard, but will help with the stress if you can).

However, as has been mentioned, it is true. Spouses and children are granted the same point status till they reach an age, or stop becoming a spouse. And points are never taken away. It is possible that RCI was unaware of marital status, and rectified his points (as well as he could have called and had it rectified as it is something RCI allows).

My advice is the same as some others (after the above "ignore it" advice): go have a cruise and enjoy yourself, and leave the Ex (and anything else that needs it) behind!

Let's not give the divorce attorneys any ideas. Something else to mediate and make money from.

The house

The cars

The furniture

The retirement

The 401K's

The C&A Points

Ok where's it going to end. :D

Hey, Divorce Lawyers serve a useful purpose. If you can't agree on how to split things up, they litigate until you no longer have anything to split up [i'm not sure how they get the C&A points, but I'm sure they'll figure a way].

Best thing I ever did in my almost forty year ago divorce was manage to have the two of us [with no children] agree between ourselves on how to split things. Her lawyer, claiming I had bamboozled her, got involved and we had one session where she, her lawyer and I agreed to a dollar amount for each and every item - added them up, and lo and behold she was $500 ahead. That was enough for her to no longer consider the lawyer's schemes, and the associated bills.

Never easy, but sometimes moving on is necessary.

Thom

Thank you, Dawn, and everyone else. I called Crown and Anchor today and my husband and I now have the same number of points. We have been cruise critic members for years but never knew that spouses keep the same number of points. We have both been Diamond but shortly one of us would have been Diamond Plus while the other would still be Diamond. You learn sometning new every day on these boards!

• 6 months later...
the same can be said for the other side. Every day we live with my husbands bitter ex-wife who is so petty and vindictive and does everything she possibly can to try and keep him from having anything in his life or any happiness. She would be the one to complain that he had some status that had no affect on her financials or her or the children's lives just to be disruptive and take some personal pleasure out of trying to hurt the man that left her and "ruined" her life because he left an abusive relationship. It infuriates her that the children love him and won't hate him like she does... They have even been grounded for wanting to spend time with him or doing something fun with us. You'd think after 5 years and her re-marrying she'd be past that stage. :)

thankfully i have never had this with my ex's. In fact we went out of our way to make sure the other had everything they needed and argued over who had to take the new tv and vcr, lol. We're still friends to this day for that reason.

tmi

Not trying to hijack the thread but a question: My DW and I joined C&A separately and as far as I know our accounts aren't linked. We both have the same number of points, are we missing out on anything by not having linked accounts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I don't feel you were being petty either. Sometimes its just the principle of things. And that poster who said you were petty is pretty much a 'Negative Nancy'...always so negative about many issues on this site and such the great authority on everything.

Let it go...try to forget him...and book another cruise. BTW...you have a great day!

Couldn't agree more on ALL points.

you know that would just tick me off - and i'm nowhere near a divorce ......we just celebrated our 35th and i consider him my best friend....but i guess i really am petty, because if i were in your shoes, i'd be really really really really really annoyed if he got my status.....i'm not kidding...(perhaps i've had too many friends go through really nasty divorces from lying cheating no good expletives deleted :eek: )

Actually, I wasn't being petty. I was just shocked that he got to keep it. Since RCI CS gives out wrong info, I posed the question here. In hind sight I should have known I would get accused of things. Silly me figured the status police would freak over hearing that he gets perks that he technically didn't earn. After all, people get their panties in a bunch over sharing coupons, non diamonds in the DL.

And as far as if the situation was reversed, honestly I wouldn't expect to keep his status because I didn't earn it.

Hope you are never on a cruise with him because he is the "I'm diamond and I'm special" type. Tosses it around like he is the president or something.

Oh well! Have a nice day. I know I will.

I just thought I would make a totally side comment. I am so ready for a cruise and can't stop reading the many many many posts on CC. I'm not sure why people comment when they have nothing nice to say. Anyways, I wanted to tell you that your little saying about the slinky cracked me up. I'm going to be spreading that around all weekend. Thank you for the laugh and something extra I can use to get more smiles this weekend!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Ryan

Archived