Deck 6 on Indy

banshee72

We are booked in cabin 6590 on Indy for our March 16th sailing. I was looking on another site that said the 6th deck is one of the worst on the ship. Does anyone have any experience with this?

we have 6590 on the 2nd of march take no notice of other reviews its perfect :):)

If you look at deck plans for the Indy you'll see that your cabin is over the shops on Deck 5, so you'll be just fine! They don't stay open late and they don't open early, so you'll be assured of a good night's rest. I hope you like the Indy as well as we did. She's such a lovely ship.

Deck 6 is my favorite location on the ship! Just a quick flight down to the Promenade. Very convenient to snack and entertainment venues.

We never had a problem with noise. Just make sure that you are not over a late-night music venue.

The first generation Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) have an issue with the 6th deck balconies, where the steel balcony front comes up about waist-high as opposed to knee-high the other decks. This is not an issue on Mariner, Navigator, and ships of other classes.

We have been on the 6th floor on all but 1 cruise when we were on the 8th. All of these cruises have been on a Voyager or Freedom class. We all personally love the 6th floor for the easy access to coffee and pastries in the morning, and the pizza late at night. We'll be on the Indy on the 16th and we'll be in cabins 6258, 6260, 6262 and 6264. Can't get any better than that in our opinions.

Deck 6 is my favorite location on the ship! Just a quick flight down to the Promenade. Very convenient to snack and entertainment venues.

We never had a problem with noise. Just make sure that you are not over a late-night music venue.

The first generation Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) have an issue with the 6th deck balconies, where the steel balcony front comes up about waist-high as opposed to knee-high the other decks. This is not an issue on Mariner, Navigator, and ships of other classes.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Was Deck 6 on Indy that turned me on to RCCL and cruising :D

We have been on the 6th floor on all but 1 cruise when we were on the 8th. All of these cruises have been on a Voyager or Freedom class. We all personally love the 6th floor for the easy access to coffee and pastries in the morning, and the pizza late at night. We'll be on the Indy on the 16th and we'll be in cabins 6258, 6260, 6262 and 6264. Can't get any better than that in our opinions.

Those were our cabins last week and I couldn't agree more!

Archived