past guest party

hearts12

No you can not go, and it is not becoming gold on your next cruise, only if you turn gold on you cruise.

This.

My FIL celebrated day 25 during our cruise last July. He was given a gold card at boarding and was invited to the party.

In May, both of my roommates will hit day 25 on our cruise. Both are showing gold. One of them just got back from a cruise a couple weeks ago. Prior to that cruise her status was showing red. The day after she got back it changed to gold.

If the last day of your next cruise is 24, sorry, have to wait until the next one. In my mom's case, the last day of our May cruise is her #25 - so you just have to hit 25 on the cruise, even if it's the last day.

If you turn gold on the cruise you will be able to go.

I think the new VIFP past guest party gold and above is awesome. We cruised in June 2012 before the new program. There was so much underage drinking it was reticules. This one girl we met in the elevator was sh!t faced with three drinks in hand. She was joking with us that she was under age and all her high school friends are hoarding all the free drinks in there cabin.

The old program was a joke. The 75 days kinds steep but we are trying to get to 10 before jan 1 2014. Just need two more and my wife will get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO

My frustration is when they changed their loyaly program..like someone else posted, you were gold then demoted to red. I have cruised carnival every year for the last 3 years and sailing again Sunday. The last two years, we were invited to the past guest party...but now we get that free drink that you have to get at a certain time AND certain location! In my opinion, it's not right to make people go backwards! There are plenty of perks that platinum and above get that red doesn't get, why couldn't they just keep it to where ALL past guests could go to the party???

Underage drinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO

Ok, so I have been reading all this about the new points and all. My husband and I went on 4 cruises in 2 years and were at all 3 of the past guest parties that were we invited to. We enjoyed the free apps and drinks and had a good time. I am sad that when we cruise in September we will not qualify. I understand they changed the program, but by doing so they are taking away one of the small perks you get as a repeat customer! We have 23 days right now which basically gets us a free drink somewhere. After this cruise we will hit gold status again. I say again since we had this status before they changed the program and now have to re-earn it. Oh well.

If at 23, you should turn Gold on this cruise. Check your docs and see what they say.

My frustration is when they changed their loyaly program..like someone else posted, you were gold then demoted to red. I have cruised carnival every year for the last 3 years and sailing again Sunday. The last two years, we were invited to the past guest party...but now we get that free drink that you have to get at a certain time AND certain location! In my opinion, it's not right to make people go backwards! There are plenty of perks that platinum and above get that red doesn't get, why couldn't they just keep it to where ALL past guests could go to the party???

I do agree with this. Too bad they hadn't created a "Red Plus" category for those who had already sailed at least twice and been invited to the past guest party once. This would be so that those guests could continue to go to the party, but after implementation, no one could gain that status. Eventually, the "red plus" category would work it's way out (by the time you take your fourth 7-day cruise, you'd be above the 25 days).

I am confused by your "certain time and certain location." As you can see from my info, I live in Fl, which has no bearing on what I think about the changes as we have done all seven day cruises with the exception of one four day and one ten day. I do think it's fair to change the program using days sailed instead of cruises. Not everyone that has to pay airfare etc. can sail three or four times a year as those of us living here.

I have to say that the party is a fun thing, but it's not a big deal. I say that because on our last few cruises, even with the new rules, there are many people who haven't sailed before or who don't qualify by days etc. They are in cabins where one person qualifies and the others just tag along. It was worse before the red, gold etc. So many on a cruise for the second time, felt that anyone/everyone they were traveling with had a right to be there too.

I, personally, think that the whole change to the past guest party was one that had merit, but it's not being enforced, so my next thought is that the past guest party is either going to be eliminated, or changed to only platinum members and above.

Just look at how many people on here ask if they can bring x, y z even though he/she is the only one who receives an invitation. I know in my own real life, if I received an invitation to something in my name only, I would either not go if I felt my husband should be there, or if it were a business situation, I would not expect to bring my husband. Unfortunately though, not everyone thinks as I do, and probably for most of you, that's a good thing, lol.

Archived