Playa Azul?

39august

Has anyone been to Playa Azul in the past year or so, please? Is it still uncrowded and can you still use the hotel loungers? What was the taxi cost?

We spent a week at the Playa Azul Resort last spring. The beach club is to the north side of the hotel and has all their own chairs, bar, restaurant. I don't think there was any crossover from what I saw. If you want something small and quiet then this is the place for you but I didn't really see anything there that would attract me to spend the day there.

Thanks for the reply. We have been to the beach club beside the hotel many times, but not lately. There used to be a sign that said the loungers in front of the hotel pool were for hotel guests only, but that was several years ago. The last couple of times we were there, there was no sign and we used the hotel loungers, as they are much more comfortable than the beach club loungers. The beach club serves the best nachos!! I guess I will just check the taxi rate when I get to Coz. It used to be $11 each way, then about3 years ago it went up to $14 each way, for two. I'm afraid it will be closer to $20 now.

Thanks for the reply. We have been to the beach club beside the hotel many times, but not lately. There used to be a sign that said the loungers in front of the hotel pool were for hotel guests only, but that was several years ago. The last couple of times we were there, there was no sign and we used the hotel loungers, as they are much more comfortable than the beach club loungers. The beach club serves the best nachos!! I guess I will just check the taxi rate when I get to Coz. It used to be $11 each way, then about3 years ago it went up to $14 each way, for two. I'm afraid it will be closer to $20 now.

I think the taxi rate was 7 dollars US to downtown but we never went any further south than that in the taxis.

Archived