Just back from snorkeling in Costa Maya

consmarci

We returned from a May 25 excursion booked with Costa Maya Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing) online. We were very disappointed in the tour and warn others that what is advertised is not what one gets...The ad clearly states that no more than 14 people will be in the boat...we were squished in like sardines with well over 20 people in the boat, not even room for my son to sit. There were not enough life preservers or drinks and the snorkels were disgusting (thank goodness we brought our own).People who had paid were left standing on the dock because they were last and there was no where for them to sit. When we got to the snorkel area, it was fine, but there was literally nowhere to even put on your gear because the boat was so full of people and no room to even turn around.

At one point, I wanted to get back on the boat, but the driver was out snorkeling...the ladder had fallen off and there was no way to get back on...my husband had to dive down to get it from the bottom of the ocean.

This ladder continued to cause problems,as it wasn't sturdy and people could not get on without major help...

I have emailed this company many times since our return telling them of our dissatisfaction with the tour and the safety issues...they have not even returned an email...

I would certainly not recommend this tour or any of this company's tours...

If they do contact me, I will certainly let this board know, but it has been over a week and no response, so I don't expect one.

I will definitely cruise again, but I'd be wary of a greedy company that overbooks and risks passenger safety because of greed.

Marci,

I'm so sorry you had those problems! I would definitely pursue with the company more. And post this on the main Carnival board too! Lots of people are starting to book with them and if they are not safe, people need to know.

Hope everyone is well! When is your next cruise?

June

June,

You are all over these boards! I admire your stamina! At the moment, no cruise planned, which is the first time in years that we don't have one booked! We are doing an all-inclusive in Cancun over Thanksgiving, but will hopefully cruise 2006 Thanksgiving....

Do you have anything booked??

Marci

We haven't booked anything yet. Looking at getting a group of teachers and friends up after school is out next May. Still don't know where or what line yet. Hubby says I can't cruise again for 2 or 3 years unless I get a group up! (Child support for 2 oldest takes a lot of money!)

June

Archived