Paris to La Harve

jj6961

Has anyone ever gone to their ship in La Harve from Paris by train? There is a direct train from the Saint-Lazare station in Paris to La Harve, I'm not sure how well I can manage this with luggage. I have also heard that it's difficult to get a taxi from the train station to the port.

I'm very comfortable with Paris/Metro/buses....but I've never attempted them with luggage.

Appreciate anyone who has any experience or opinion on this topic.

Jen

Has anyone ever gone to their ship in La Harve from Paris by train? There is a direct train from the Saint-Lazare station in Paris to La Harve, I'm not sure how well I can manage this with luggage. I have also heard that it's difficult to get a taxi from the train station to the port.

I'm very comfortable with Paris/Metro/buses....but I've never attempted them with luggage.

Appreciate anyone who has any experience or opinion on this topic.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Although I have not taken the train from Paris to Le Havre, I have taken the Eurostar several times from Paris Gare du Nord/London or the reverse. No problem with luggage on the trains. I have used the metro from hotel to Gare du Nord ... again, no problem with luggage. I have also taken the RER from CDG & then metro to hotel. I have never had an issue with luggage on either the metro or trains. I usually travel with one rolling suitcase & a backpack. :)

jill

Jill,

I won't be traveling quite as lightly: will be boarding for B2B's that will end in a T/A in Miami(at least that part is easy). I'm not going to worry about it, I won't have to rush as I plan on taking the train from Paris to Le Havre on a Sunday where my ship is doing an overnight and won't depart til late Monday. The ship actually departs from Harwich on Saturday, but I am going to join a day late so I can work Paris into the trip. Thank you for your assurance :p

Hi Jen,

Although I have not taken the train from Paris to Le Havre, I have taken the Eurostar several times from Paris Gare du Nord/London or the reverse. No problem with luggage on the trains. I have used the metro from hotel to Gare du Nord ... again, no problem with luggage. I have also taken the RER from CDG & then metro to hotel. I have never had an issue with luggage on either the metro or trains. I usually travel with one rolling suitcase & a backpack. :)

jill

You will not have any problem getting a taxi from the LeHavre station to the port. The taxi problem only happens when trying to get a taxi at the port since many of those taxis are looking for a full-day fare.

Hank

Hank,

Thank you, that's good to know!

You will not have any problem getting a taxi from the LeHavre station to the port. The taxi problem only happens when trying to get a taxi at the port since many of those taxis are looking for a full-day fare.

Hank

Archived