Club Herald Volume 14 Number 1

norm2002

icon_rolleyes.gif I'm not normally one to show off but I feel like shouting to the world (of Seabourn, anyway!).

One of my photos - which CruiseCritic users saw first - has received one of three runners up awards in the Club Herald photo competition. Got a special letter from Richard Meadows today telling me I've been awarded a $500 onboard credit but it's not the money but the pleasure of having one of my photos being honoured that I find so exciting.

Never entered a photo competition before so it's a real surprise. It was my favourite photo from my Peru adventure in January the only of two girls sitting on a milestone. It's on page 24 of the new edition. This was the picture.

25656925.jpg

Coincidentally, the BBC also just used three of my photos taken of the London Marathon on Sunday on their website. If anyone's interested, I can post the link. That was fun but it wasn't a competition.

Now, what do I do with $500 onboard credit? That's a lot of laundry!

Regards

Norm

------------------------------

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  March 15 2005 - Seabourn Pride Transatlantic FLL to Lisbon

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;8;29;00;0;00&timezone=GMT-0000  August 28 2005 - Seabourn Pride Transatlantic London to NY

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif

Norm~~~~You should have won 1st place! And Rick Meadows should have given you a complimentary Seabourn voyage of your choice!!!!

Your photos are always so outstanding~~~~and we all are most appreciative that you share with us! Congratulations on ANOTHER job done so very well!

We can order a nice bottle of expensive Champagne and I'll go do your laundry! Deal?

Much love and hugs!

MB

Norm,

Kudos to you -- so glad the hear that at least one of the top prizes went to one of our own -- i agree with the Divine Miz M -- splurge on a bottle or two or great wine -- that is what we did with our last $500 credit -- as good as the Seabourn complimentary wines are, it is fun to spluge with a great bottle with frineds over dinner. ( BTW , I'd suggest you just share it with Martha and skip having her do the laundry -- knowing her she would most likely turn it into a Clothes Washing party and accidentally shrink your shorts in the dryer).

Chairsin~~~~what a great party idea! We could all gather at the laundry-ette, drink Champagne and nibble on caviar......the invitations might read:

You are cordially invited to a

"Help Norman spend Seabourn's money"

clothes washing affair! Our celebration

will not be complete without you!

Place: Laundrymat

Dress: Casual

RSVP: Only if not willing to wash or dry

We can replace the Pajama Party with "The Laundry Gala!"

Isn't it always "the attitude?"

MB

Martha,

I just knew it was dangerous to give you such an idea . Please don't think I am stepping on your party planning shoes 9 you already do such a grand job without my interference), but amend that invitation with the tagline" Plenty of suds for everyone!"

Chairsin~~~~

Would you like to become my 1st assistant? What excellant ideas you indeed suggest~~~~

YES, "Plenty of suds" for all! (If Cheffy would send "pommes' de frit" we could add, "AND spuds!") We will honor Norman and celebrate his winning the photo contest! Yea, Norman!

On our Aug. 29th, London to New York Crossing I'm planning a small dinner party...."Pride-ful Texas!" As taking small flags, bandanas, Deputy badges and lighted Deb Tiaras, does not require sending goody box's, I thought it might be fun to AGAIN, celebrate with a theme~~~~I can take these small items in my luggage! I do plan a few 'lit surprises!

TaH-TaH

MB

NORMAN

JUST BACK FROM THE MOST EXCITING TRANSATLANTIC CROSSING EVER ON THE QM2... JUST THE SOUTHAMPTON SAIL AWAY AND THE NEW YORK ARRIVAL MADE THE TRIP OUTSTANDING... A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE ...BUT THE REAL REASON FOR THIS MESSAGE IS TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WINNING PICTURE...REMEMBER I TOLD YOU IT WAS MY FAVORITE OF ALL YOUR PICTURES?

SALUDOS

CADUM

Martha B.,

Suds and Spuds -- is that kind of like Seabourn's version of boots and black tie?

Clearly I have put myself in line for a job for which I am not qualified -- maybe apprentice is more like it. ( Oh, please don't say those dreaded words " You're fired".) And, somehow I knew that eventhough the lady protesteth too much she could not resist planning just a wee little event on her upcoming cruise. Have a blast!

Norm,

Back to your original thread -- just got my Club H. today ( yeah -- not AWOl after all) and I did notice that they printed your picture much too small -- looks much better larger on this board -- and gee, do you think that maybe you would have won top prize if you had superimposed one of the sisters behind the two little girls? BTW, did Richard tell you whether they are doing the contest next year?

Hi Chairsin

I was slightly disappointed that they printed the picture so small. You may be right about superimposing a picture of one of the ships in the river at the bottom of the valley. Just have to learn how to use Photoshop! Don't know if there'll be another competition next year. Maybe one of my pictures of the Pride passing through Tower Bridge ..?

Cadum

Thanks. It's really my favourite from the January cruise as well. Hope you're going to be posting about your QM2 cruise on the Cunard forum.

Regards

Norm

------------------------------

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  March 15 2005 - Seabourn Pride Transatlantic FLL to Lisbon

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;8;29;00;0;00&timezone=GMT-0000  August 28 2005 - Seabourn Pride Transatlantic London to NY

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif

• 5 months later...

Archived