No Ship transfer!!

kenholt

Cab will run you $85-95 or so.

I recently priced shuttle and private limo services for a group and they were running $22-$25pp with a minimum of 8 people. We'd used a private limo with Larry's in the past. They all now wanted payment upfront and did not guarantee the reservation if the ship were delayed. AND kept your money. Our group wasn't terribly happy with those terms.

We opted not to go SAS because one of the group had been stood up by them at the airport a couple years ago.

We ended up with what you don't want - the Carnival transfers. They were a bit more expensie at $30pp but super easy and no big deal. We had a late flight and didn't have to worry about meeting up at a certain time. When they got towards the end of debarkation we just wandered off the ship, onto the bus, and headed for FLL.

I would recommend SAS also.

Luv2cruise: you need to read the previous posts more carefully. There is no "also" as the only posts referring to SAS did not recommend them.

How did you get around the problem of risking loss of the payment if the ship were late to port?

Luv2cruise: you need to read the previous posts more carefully. There is no "also" as the only posts referring to SAS did not recommend them.

How did you get around the problem of risking loss of the payment if the ship were late to port?

I should probably clarify:)... SAS wasn't one of the companies wanting payment up front and offering no guarantee of service. I tried about four services - Larry's Limo we had used in 2008 but their terms had changed also. Another company (QLS maybe?) we lost everything if our ship was late (and same with plane coming in on the front end.) No guarantee of service. Two other companies would not do Port of Miami pickups anymore due to added fees by the port.

Our group opted not to even get a quote from SAS since one member of our group was stood up by SAS a couple years ago and left stranded at the airport looking for alternate transportation.

We ended up doing the Carnival transfers for a few reasons - it was easy, it really wasnt much more expensive than the private services that wouldn't guarantee us a ride and wanted payment ahead of time, and we didn't want to be tied to a time schedule debarking since we had a late flight.

Oh... and Hi from Roanoke. :)

Hi there,

We need to fly FLL (Spirit Airlines) and wanted to look into other transfer people we could try out.

How do I get info on the ones spoken about on here such as SAS & QLS. Do they have a site?

Thanks,

Joe

can anyone tell me what it cost them to get from POM to FLL by not using thecruise line trnasfer?

Hi there,

We need to fly FLL (Spirit Airlines) and wanted to look into other transfer people we could try out.

How do I get info on the ones spoken about on here such as SAS & QLS. Do they have a site?

Thanks,

Joe

ridesas.com. $15 per person.

We have used SAS several times in the past and already have them booked for our April cruise. We have never had any issues and always had great service.

Your post is very rude! :mad: I DO read the posts very carefully. L_K mentioned SAS =15$pp. That post to me was a recommendation for their company. There is no need for you to nit pick people's words!:mad:

We used SAS and had no problem. No risk as prepayment was not needed to make reservation.

I certainly did not mean to be rude, only factual. However, I turn out to be the one who did not read posts very carefully, and for that I apologize. I completely missed the post about $15, and probably would have assumed that was an endorsement, just as you did.

I always welcome being corrected, in any fashion and for any nit. Perhaps, alas, it is because it is needed so often. :eek:

Bill

PS: Wow, Roanoke. That is as close a post as I remember seeing in the past 10 years.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Joe

We used QLS (qualitylimoservice) in Dec. from POM to FLL for $15pp. Service was prompt with no problems; definitely worth it to me.

I certainly did not mean to be rude, only factual. However, I turn out to be the one who did not read posts very carefully, and for that I apologize. I completely missed the post about $15, and probably would have assumed that was an endorsement, just as you did.

I always welcome being corrected, in any fashion and for any nit. Perhaps, alas, it is because it is needed so often. :eek:

Bill

PS: Wow, Roanoke. That is as close a post as I remember seeing in the past 10 years.

Apology accepted. :)

Archived