CCL dropped the ball...

drosphot

We booked a cruise for December on the Magic during the reduced deposit promo for a specific 4J cabin on the ES rate. 3 days after I sent in an FCC I got the email showing it was applied and the $100 in OBC was there. The only problem is the deposit showed $500 due the day I booked and not the $250 it originally had. I sent an email immediately and no reply. So today I called because I couldn't access my booking any longer. That was because they CANCELLED due to the deposit not being paid 4 days prior to them changing it! They looked at it and said "oops that happens a lot on reduced deposits, its a problem on our end."

So they fix that pesky deposit issue but all the 4J on the lido are gone now. We picked that deck and cabin specifically and my sister also booked on the same deck. They got us in on deck 9 in a 4J but tell me there is nothing else they can do.

Hmmm you cancelled me due to your mistake then tell me you can't give me what I originally paid for and I can "keep looking to see if the cabin opens and if the price is still the same (they) might switch it." Really?

Pretty bummed with that experience today. Anyone know of an easy way to check cabin availability on a sailing with doing a mock booking?

They didn't even offer the damn strawberries as consolation for their mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly this is Carnival's error and they should do whatever they have to (bump the current owners of your cabin to suite) to make it right.....

I understand the frustration here, and I hope they can get it corrected. However, not paying the gratuities for the staff onboard isn't going to help anything. It will just punish those onboard who generally go out of their way to help you.

I understand the frustration here, and I hope they can get it corrected. However, not paying the gratuities for the staff onboard isn't going to help anything. It will just punish those onboard who generally go out of their way to help you.

It wasn't the OP who said this. It was another poster (and s/he said they didn't mean it), but i agree that you shouldn't even talk about penalizing one for the sins of another so to speak. the only thing you really can do is cancel if you can without penalty, but after the final payment date comes, you really don't have that choice.

In short i think the rule of thumb for everyone now should be to not book a cruise at all until you are 100% happy with the price you are paying. If we all go into it with the mindset that it may be the very best price we will get, even if there are future price drops, we will all be the better for it because there is no doubt that they are making these adjustments more and more difficult to obtain.

What happened with the OPs booking being cancelled and his cabin being erroneously released was a completely different issue though. 100% carnival's fault and years ago, he wouldn't have even had to go as far as to ask them to "do the right thing." It automatically would have been done, and THAT is probably the most disturbing piece of information in the story of all -- at least to me it is.

Archived