Houston Pays "boat load" to NCL to come.

Bigtex1622

We sailed the Sea out of Barbours Cut before NCL pulled out of the area. Then on the Sun after Katrina. The trip to the gulf was only two hours because I remember passing Galveston at dinner and we eat early.

I am delighted NCL has listened to it's passengers and returned to the Texaribbean, a term which they coined.

Our first cruise was the NCL Sea out of Houston in 1999. Looks like NCL is going back to previously used portd

Houston closed the old La Porte terminal down after they built a new cruise ship terminal further south at Bayport near Seabrooke. The old La Porte Barbours Cut terminal was squeezed out by the container port. Princess and Norwegian have booked the new terminal. Yes, it is wise to spend a bit more to fulfill the terminal's economic drivers providing incentives for cruise lines to move in and use it than it is to let it sit empty.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2012/11/15/houstons-bayport-cruise-terminal.html

We sailed the Sea out of Barbours Cut before NCL pulled out of the area. Then on the Sun after Katrina. The trip to the gulf was only two hours because I remember passing Galveston at dinner and we eat early.

I am delighted NCL has listened to it's passengers and returned to the Texaribbean, a term which they coined.

My smile spans from ear to ear remembering all my Texaribbeans. I think I've sailed on every NCL ship at least once that sailed from Houston, except the old Star that predated the Sea. I enjoyed the Sea many times. Looks like I'll be cruising again soon.

Archived