365 beaches--oh my!!

cruiseawaits

How does one choose which beach with so very many choices? I guess the best way is to solicit the opinions of those that have visited before. I have researched and researched, but I basically never got out of the gate. We are looking for a gorgeous beach with beautiful calm waters, soft sand, some action(i.e.-chairs/umbrella rentals, water sport rentals, bar/restaurant and bathroom facilities) and not tooooo far from the port. I am just as undecided as I was before I started reading and researching. Dickensen Beach, Jolly Beach, Church Valley Beach and Darkwood Beach sound like they may fit the bill. If anyone could give some advice as to which "fits the bill" (or if you have another beach suggestion), it would be very much appreciated. Sailing on the BREEZE in 21 days.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Breeze the first week of Feb. and stopped in Antiqua. After much research and going back and forth as to which beach we would go to I decided to stick with the had picked almost from the start Valley Church and I must say I was very happy with my decision. The cab driver will take you there then return to pick you up at your requested time, the beach is beautiful although there are a lot of sea shells on the beach making it a little hard to walk on but not unbearable. The water is very nice although a little milky, there are jet ski's available if you are so inclined, change rooms washrooms and a little beach bar called the nest. Chair rentals are 5$ each and umbrellas 10$. We had a wonderful day there and would not hesitate to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

While driving around the island we went to Half Moon Bay - a great beach but can have quite a swell. There are the ruins of the old hotel (where we stayed in the 1980s) but if you walk to the left from the carpark you will get to the more sheltered and shady section.

Another great beach we went to was the public section of the beach occupied by Curtain Bluff Hotel (where we also stayed many years ago). This beach is beautifully calm and perfect for swimming. There are no bars or restaurants here (apart from the resort) so it's pretty much deserted.

Darkwood is dramatically beautiful - the restaurant/bar is at one end but the beach sweeps up for maybe half a mile. There's hardly any shade here but it's a great place to swim and wander.

Archived