Cayman Islands and want to swim with the stingrays

ronin2077

Going to be visiting the Cayman Islands and want to swim with the stingrays. It looks like fun, but we do not want to be on a boat with 100 other people. Any recommendations for a company that offers good trips with no more than 25 people.

Thanks

we used Mobydick tours a couple years ago. Great time and very professional. I booked it on my own they were reasonable I think around 50 bucks a person. They take you to sting ray city where there are other companies with their passengers if too many boats are at the site they will take you to a reef, which is part of the package, and let you snorkel till some of the boats leave. Then you go to stingray city and get out in waist deep water and the stingrays are all around you can feed and touch and most importantly kiss the stingrays. Kissing a stingray is supposed to bring 7 years good luck. Moby Dick tours is a great company and I highly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to be visiting the Cayman Islands and want to swim with the stingrays. It looks like fun, but we do not want to be on a boat with 100 other people. Any recommendations for a company that offers good trips with no more than 25 people.

Thanks

We use Sweet Romance Stingray City tours. It's only

$35 for a 1/2 day ($50 full day, including lunch) and they their groups aren't large like booking through the cruise lines. http://www.sweetromance.ky/ I like the fact that even though their boat is large, their groups are not.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband, daughter and I went last month with the Carnival excursion, and I was expecting it to be crowded. Instead, our bus was only about 20 people, and that's all that went on the boat out to Stingray City. However, once out there, be prepared for lots of boats, each with its group of passengers standing nearby. It wasn't crowded, in my opinion, and there are so many stingrays, you can't help but get close to them over and over!

The best excursion we ever did anywhere! Fat Fish Adventures Jet Ski to Stingray City. It is awesome, very small groups ours was just 9 of us. They are all great people our guide Ryan and the van driver Ray were awesome. If you have never done Stingray City it in itself is must do but combine with a 10 mile Jet Ski ride across crystal clear ocean waters and you can beat it. They let you enjoy the ride too none of this single file stuff. They will park the skis a little away from the crowds at Stingray City so you have your own space and they will take you too a snorkeling spot on the way back. We even had an encounter with a dolphin! It was amazing I cannot recommend it enough. Ous was a group of 9 ages from 18-50 and all agreed it was the highlight of our cruise.

We used Sting Ray Sailing last week and could not be more happy with the experience. They take a maximum of 29 and we only had 10. We anchored away from the masses and within minutes Capt. Chip had attracted dozens of rays. We were able to interact, hold, kiss and feed them.

This was my second time at Stingray City. The first was on a cruise ship excursion with more people than rays. The tour also incuded a snorkeling stop at the reef.

The best excursion we ever did anywhere! Fat Fish Adventures Jet Ski to Stingray City. It is awesome, very small groups ours was just 9 of us. They are all great people our guide Ryan and the van driver Ray were awesome. If you have never done Stingray City it in itself is must do but combine with a 10 mile Jet Ski ride across crystal clear ocean waters and you can beat it. They let you enjoy the ride too none of this single file stuff. They will park the skis a little away from the crowds at Stingray City so you have your own space and they will take you too a snorkeling spot on the way back. We even had an encounter with a dolphin! It was amazing I cannot recommend it enough. Ous was a group of 9 ages from 18-50 and all agreed it was the highlight of our cruise.

Did you book through the cruise line or privately....how much should I expect to pay for this excursion?

Thanks in advance for replying

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked www.nativewaywatersports.com twice and highly recommend the Rays, Reef, and Rumpoint excursion One of best Grand Cayman tours!

We used Nativeways for our visit to Grand Cayman last year. AWESOME time! Only 14 on our boat ... And 8 were my family. Two guys ran the excursion. There are lots of boats at the sandbar but we had lots of hands on time and photo opportunities. By far, this was one of my top two excursions of my cruising experience.

FYI, the rays, reef, and rumpoint excursion includes the stingray at the sandbar, snorkeling in the ocean, and a visit to rumpoint beach for more swimming and lunch is included (you order what you want from a menu).

We went on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Native Ways in August and had a fantastic time. Our guides JC and Captain Thomas were jokey, funny, friendly, professional, helpful, and outgoing while providing us with a top-notch service. Although our family of 5 were the only ones on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion, we shared the boat with approx. 20 others who booked the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel.

Stingray City was awesome and the snorkeling was alot of fun too! Fruit punch and water onboard the boat and lunch at Rum Point was included.

If you would like to see photos and video clips of our Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Native Ways, you can check out my YouTube video by clicking on the link below:

Archived