Port of Galviston

Scouter Wife

Hi all! Just booked a cruise next year sailing out of Galviston. When we cruised out of the Port of Miami they had hidden VIP Boarding passes under the seats in the waiting area. I knew about those ahead of time and because we were early to the port I was able to find one. Do they do this in other ports as we..? Specifically Galviston??

Thanks!

Sandy

Never heard of that either. If you are driving in the day before and are looking for a decent place to stay at a good price look into "Inn at the Waterpark" close to lots of things to do, free pee wee golf and parking, a nice pool,free shuttle to and from the pier and a free breakfast. The rooms are family friendly with a dining area with a micro wave and refrigator. At around $125 IMO a bargain since pier parking will run at least $10 a day. If this interest you don't wait to long to make a reservation since they fill up quick.

I've seen it in other ports but never in Galveston. The zone boarding passengers are seated in the order that they enter that area so that when boarding starts the zones are all together. If people try to sit in other areas or leave seats inbetween them and other guests in the row, the shoreside agents will make you scoot down.

I agree with the rest of the posters... never heard of this in Galveston...

It's a great port, and you'll have an easy boarding process... Even before i was Platinum, it always seemed easy and most folks in line are friendly, so you can chat and have some fun as you wait!!!

Thanks, for the memory. :) I had forgotten Carnival ever did this, it was a fun group game to play and got people even more excited to be boarding. I have no clue about Galveston or if Carnival does this any more at any port but they should. FWIW, it was cheating to look under all the chairs for the VIP Pass. :mad:

I've never heard of this before. Were you just lucky it was under the seat you chose or were you actually looking for one?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I had heard about them doing this at the Port of Miami on these boards so we looked under the seats and found it. We were super early to the port so it wasn't crowded or anything and we found one very quickly. It was stuck to the bottom of a chair with velcro. After they did the Priority boarding they made an announcement to look under your seats for a hidden Priority boarding pass.

boarding_zps542a60c2.jpg

Archived