Ready to book not sure which ship...Breeze??

momoftwinboys09

We are sailing in 3 days with our kids on the Fantasy and I would like to book our next cruise while we are on board. I've wanted to sail on the Breeze ever since it was being made but I know just because it is new does not mean that others are not great also. I've seen lots of good things about the Freedom. I will be booking just for me and my husband this time and looking at the aft-wrap balconies.

Anyone that has sailed on the Breeze and/or other ships that sail out of Florida? It will be easiest for us to drop our kids off to grandparents in Jacksonville and fly from there to the port.

We are needing the week of April 20th, 2014 and the Breeze goes to Jamaica which would be awesome since we've never been there, but hubby has always wanted to see pyramids so I would like to hit up a Mexican port for this. The Sunshine will be sailing to Cozumel that week but flights will not be in our budget.

When you book on board and they give you the friend OBC credits, is it per person or per cabin? Thanks as I'm still somewhat confused to what is the benefit of booking while on board.

Any info is appreciated and thank you!

P.S. for anyone who had an aft-wrap balcony---was it totally worth it??

Have you considered the Dream out of Port Canaveral? You could drive to there from Jax, and if it's doing the Western Caribbean that week, it does go to Cozumel (we visited Tulum, very cool...there is a nice beach you can go cool off in).

We've been on the Breeze and Dream, personally, I prefer the Dream, but both ships are very nice! Any of the ships we've been on have been great, but all are different. Basically, a cruise is what you make it!

OBC is per cabin....and we never had an aft wrap balcony, so can't help you there.

Thanks for the quick replies. The 8 hour drive would be doable if we weren't on a time limit. We live in Charlotte, NC so we'll be driving 6 hours to Jacksonville to drop off the kids. After that, I'd much rather fly then we'll have to drive back to Charlotte after we pick up the kids.

My hubby had a friend who sailed on the Dream and he didn't really like it as much as the others so I'd like to choose a different one. I've heard good things about the Freedom also.

Thanks for the quick replies. The 8 hour drive would be doable if we weren't on a time limit. We live in Charlotte, NC so we'll be driving 6 hours to Jacksonville to drop off the kids. After that, I'd much rather fly then we'll have to drive back to Charlotte after we pick up the kids.

My hubby had a friend who sailed on the Dream and he didn't really like it as much as the others so I'd like to choose a different one. I've heard good things about the Freedom also.

I would seriously think about driving the 8 hours from Jacksonville to New Orleans. The time it's going to take you to get to the aiport is going to be somehere in the 30 minute range and then you're probably going to get there at least 2-3 hours early and then the flight time is going to take you probably near 1.5-2 hours. Once you arrive in Port Canaveral or Miami, your going to have to wait on luggage, and either wait on a shuttle to take you to the pier/hotel or take a taxi ride so theres at least another 45 minutes. Add up all of those times and it comes to about 5-6 hours. You can drive to New Orleans and it will realistically only take about 2 more hours. And if you decide to drive from Jacksonville to either Port Canaveral or Miami you would actually be there in about the same amount of time or possibly even less. Not to mention, you will save alot of money by driving instead of flying. Just my 2 cents.

Archived