Cozumel -- Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocom?

Turbo6ta

Was thinking of having my wife and I spend about 4 hours at one of those all-inclusive beach resorts while in Cozumel.

The boat don't even arrive at the dock until 1:00pm in the afternoon, and these beach resorts close at 5:00pm (although the website say they will stay open a little longer for cruise ship late arrivals), so were kind of limited in our time there at the beach.

Anyway, the all-inclusive (all you can eat and drink) at Mr Sanchos is $50 per person / per day, while the price at Nachi Cocom is $55.

They both offer unlimited food and drinks for this price.

Anyone of these two places any better than the other as far as the food is concerned? ... Beer is beer, so I guess that would be about the same.

Not getting any replies in the "Cozumel" forum, so I thought I would post here.

BTW ... I hear that Paradise Beach Resort is good too, but it's full of little kids and after paying separatly for drinks and food, the all-inclusive price at Mr sanchos or Nachi might actually be a better deal in the long run.

Thank's :)

We've only done Nachi, but the limited number of guests was appealing to us. Our server was always available and generally arrived with drinks in hand before we had the chance to ask. The food was very good - we shared the appetizers and entrees to spread out the food during our stay. Never made it to dessert. The pool was never crowded. Nothing was ever crowded and we liked that.

I would say it would depend on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for. Mr. Sancho's is a more "party" loud type of environment. Nachi only takes 100 guests per day. It's quiet, more relaxed...We love it there. I can't fairly comment on Mr. Sancho's since we have never been and are relying strictly on comments from others.

That being said, we LOVE,LOVE, LOVE Nachi. My self, sister, and daughters will be making a trip again there in 97 days!! Either way, ENJOY!

Just checking. What time of year are you going? If it is OFF season....(not a holiday, summer, spring break) there are hardly ANY kids at Paradise Beach (which is amazing). We go there often...which is free...to enter.

Are you able to drink and eat $50 worth of food..EACH ..and drink in 4 hours? If not, I highly recommend Paradise.

Just checking. What time of year are you going? If it is OFF season....(not a holiday, summer, spring break) there are hardly ANY kids at Paradise Beach (which is amazing). We go there often...which is free...to enter.

Are you able to drink and eat $50 worth of food..EACH .. and drink in 4 hours? If not, I highly recommend Paradise.

We are going on the end of this month ... just a 4-day Miami, Key West, Cozumel sailing.

You make a good point about ... "Are we able to drink and eat $50 (each) of food in 4 hours" .... Ya, that's 100 bucks ... probably not. In fact, my wife is good for only about 2 beers, and don't eat that much either.

Someone mentioned the pool ... We live in Florida and have our own pool, so I could care less about a pool in Cozumel. We would just like the go to the beach and be under something to keep the sun from beating down on us the whole time were there.

Since Nachi only accepts 100 guests, and we are going on Paradise during HIGH hurricane season - September (always promised myself I would not do a small boat during this time of year :D ) when do I need to make my reservations on line for this? Do most people wait until closer to embarkation or do I need to snap it up now to make sure I have a place?

Love Mr. Sanchos. :D It is definitely not loud party rock although there is music. We are in our late 50's so def out of the hard party years but do enjoy the ambiance of music. It is actually mellow (Nachi is REALLY mellow) and beautiful. You don't have to do the all inclusive you can pay as you go. We ended up at Mr. Sanchos due to a very late arrival in Cozumel many many years ago. We loved Nachi but they were closing when we got there and the cab driver suggested Mr. Sanchos...never looked back. We usually stay 4-5 hours, DH only drinks non-alcoholic drinks, and we figure with lunch, munchies and my margaritas we break even. Have fun!

We are going on the end of this month ... just a 4-day Miami, Key West, Cozumel sailing.

You make a good point about ... "Are we able to drink and eat $50 (each) of food in 4 hours" .... Ya, that's 100 bucks ... probably not. In fact, my wife is good for only about 2 beers, and don't eat that much either.

Someone mentioned the pool ... We live in Florida and have our own pool, so I could care less about a pool in Cozumel. We would just like the go to the beach and be under something to keep the sun from beating down on us the whole time were there.

Go to their website...it is gorgeous...beautiful beach.....clean..clean..clean EVERYTHING there. Just jump in a cab at the dock (you will see the taxi signs all over the place) about $12. (you can even take a shuttle or share the cab with another couple)

Free admission. You can rent sun umbrellas also. GREAT food...free internet..shops...restaurant....bar...pool...ocean toys....on and on. When you are finished...TONS of cabs in parking lot to take everyone back to the ship. Leave enough time to go thru the shops on the dock. Great prices.

Was thinking of having my wife and I spend about 4 hours at one of those all-inclusive beach resorts while in Cozumel.

The boat don't even arrive at the dock until 1:00pm in the afternoon, and these beach resorts close at 5:00pm (although the website say they will stay open a little longer for cruise ship late arrivals), so were kind of limited in our time there at the beach.

Anyway, the all-inclusive (all you can eat and drink) at Mr Sanchos is $50 per person / per day, while the price at Nachi Cocom is $55.

Anyone of these two places any better than the other as far as the food is concerned? ... Beer is beer, so I guess that would be about the same.

BTW ... I hear that Paradise Beach Resort is good too, but it's full of little kids and after paying separatly for drinks and food, the all-inclusive price at Mr sanchos or Nachi might actually be a better deal in the long run.

We were a fan on Nachi until we tried Mr Sanchos 1000% better food .I had a whole fried grouper probably the best fish I ever had and service was awesome.I mean our waiter was at the waters edge holding two drinks when we were swimming.If you reserve online for $5 its only $45 not $50,meaning we owed $80 when we arrived rahter than $100

I have been to both, and they are both very nice. Our next trip there we are arriving at the same time of day that you are. I emailed both of them to clarify their hours for the "late" arriving ships. Mr. Sanchos does closes at 5:30 and Nachi will stay open until 6:30. (These are both Cozumel times)

We will be going to Nachi this next trip just to extend the longer day! :) That means we can stay on the beach until 7:30 ship time and we don't leave until 10. I've been to Cozumel many times...I love it but there is nothing I want to see or do other than the beach, so the longer day is the deciding factor for us.

look at post 14 on this thread I posted the menus.Its a no brainer Mr Sanchos crushes Nachi unless cheeseburgers and french fries in Mexico is your thing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785954

We loved Mr Sanchos, never been to Nachi Cocum but have heard good things about it.

The boys went ATV riding while MIL and I sipped huge Margaritas on the beach. The weather was gorgeous and the water beautiful. There wasn't anywhere near 100 people there, much less.

Plus we got our pictures taken with the Macaws. Would go back there in a heart beat.

yjamyrys.jpg

I have not been to Mr. Sanchos but was at Nachi Cocom in October. It was a great day. Not crowded. Excellent service. We parasailed and then I got a massage. We were.offered a great deal-lower than the posted prices for the massage aand parasailing. I would definitely go again.

look at post 14 on this thread I posted the menus.Its a no brainer Mr Sanchos crushes Nachi unless cheeseburgers and french fries in Mexico is your thing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785954

My husband and I were at Nachi Cocom in October. It's quite possible there were burgers on the menu but everything we ate was mexican and everything was excellent. Well, except for the cheesecake. That was awful.

We love Nachi. We were just there in December and parasailed for the first time. Its gorgeous, serene, and the service is top notch. Its not crowded and food is wonderful. You can have you food brought to you on the beach (under your personal palapa) and all the alcohol you want is included. We've been there twice and its the only place for us in Cozumel.

Archived