One more reason I choose NCL over Carnival

BurtonRiderT6

I believe you're a bit defensive.

It is my money, and I'll spend it as I deem appropriate. I didn't flame you or anyone else. It is simply my opinion that in reading about Carnival Corp, that a "culture of complacency" exists. You may not agree, but you don't need to sling arrows my way.

I was never set adrift on the POA and there were no fires on board. I have never read about a fire onboard that set the ship adrift.

Don't take it so personal, no one accused you personally of causing mayhem.

Uh...I think it's you that is the one being defensive. I merely asked you some probing questions trying to see how you came to your conclusions with no firsthand personal experience. While you say you didn't flame anyone, you certainly flamed Carnival and unjustly so without any sound evidence, in my opinion.

Uh...I think it's you that is the one being defensive. I merely asked you some probing questions trying to see how you came to your conclusions with no firsthand personal experience. While you say you didn't flame anyone, you certainly flamed Carnival and unjustly so without any sound evidence, in my opinion.

My conclusions come from the fact that THREE Carnival Corp ships have had fires and gone adrift in three years (Allegra, Spendor, Truimph). If that is normal behavior for well maintained ships, then I guess I'm wrong and my evidence is flimsy at best, but it was good enough for me to spend my money elsewhere. I voted to cruise in Alaska with my dollars with NCL and not on a Carnival Corp ship.

I'm not taking anything personal. If you want to cruise on Carnival, that's your choice - happy trails and have fun. My co-worker just got off the Triumph two weeks ago and had a great time. Good for her.

Have a safe and great journey wherever your next ship takes you.

My conclusions come from the fact that THREE Carnival Corp ships have had fires and gone adrift in three years (Allegra, Spendor, Truimph). If that is normal behavior for well maintained ships, then I guess I'm wrong and my evidence is flimsy at best, but it was good enough for me to spend my money elsewhere. I voted to cruise in Alaska with my dollars with NCL and not on a Carnival Corp ship.

I'm not taking anything personal. If you want to cruise on Carnival, that's your choice - happy trails and have fun. My co-worker just got off the Triumph two weeks ago and had a great time. Good for her.

Have a safe and great journey wherever your next ship takes you.

O-kay...

I guess you're one of those people who believes their opinions should not be questioned, so why are you broadcasting them on a message board?

O-kay...

I guess you're one of those people who believes their opinions should not be questioned, so why are you broadcasting them on a message board?

Okay. I gave you my justification. Three ships in three years catching fire and going adrift is enough to turn me away. Is that or is that not normal behavior? Does Carnival Corp have any responsibility for the maintenance of their ships? Does sending a ship out after propulsion problems are reported the signs of responsible behavior?

And btw, the PoA wasn't perfect but it didn't catch on fire or go adrift.

Okay. I gave you my justification. Three ships in three years catching fire and going adrift is enough to turn me away. Is that or is that not normal behavior? Does Carnival Corp have any responsibility for the maintenance of their ships? Does sending a ship out after propulsion problems are reported the signs of responsible behavior?

And btw, the PoA wasn't perfect but it didn't catch on fire or go adrift.

What airline did you fly to Hawaii?

I have been on Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival (even one cruise on the Triumph back in 1999) and NCL. Yet the only ship to encounter a problem during my cruise was my first NCL cruise on the Dawn in 2010. The engine threw a piston and we came to a stop and had to cut our last day in Bermuda. So no cruise line is immune to this.

I have been on Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival (even one cruise on the Triumph back in 1999) and NCL. Yet the only ship to encounter a problem during my cruise was my first NCL cruise on the Dawn in 2010. The engine threw a piston and we came to a stop and had to cut our last day in Bermuda. So no cruise line is immune to this.

And that was only few months after this incident...

On November 27, 2009, Norwegian Dawn lost all power while returning to Miami. United States Coast Guard ships and helicopters were dispatched to the scene to assist. During the power outage, the more than 2,000 passengers on the ship had no access to running water, electricity, air conditioning or toilet services in the hot Caribbean environment. The temperatures in the area at the time were around 85 °F (29.4 °C) with 67% relative humidity. At least some power was restored and the ship was able to make port in San Juan, PR, not Miami as the itinerary dictated, to allow repairs to be made.

And that was only few months after this incident...

On November 27, 2009, Norwegian Dawn lost all power while returning to Miami. United States Coast Guard ships and helicopters were dispatched to the scene to assist. During the power outage, the more than 2,000 passengers on the ship had no access to running water, electricity, air conditioning or toilet services in the hot Caribbean environment. The temperatures in the area at the time were around 85 °F (29.4 °C) with 67% relative humidity. At least some power was restored and the ship was able to make port in San Juan, PR, not Miami as the itinerary dictated, to allow repairs to be made.

Yes, it was.

Archived