Airport Transfers and Flight information?

okbookgirl

I am going to fly into Seatac. I was going to be really late getting in, so I just decided to come early and have a day to go sightsee. I'll probably stay by the airport and then take the train into downtown and back. However I'll need to get a transfer to the dock on my departure day. (flying in late night Sunday, will get a hotel room and then go into Seattle Monday to sightsee then back out to my airport hotel then get up Tuesday to head to the dock) It's actually cheaper to do this than get in early and get a hotel room in downtown as it is a holiday and the rooms in town are crazy high. I'll save almost $200 by staying at the Hampton by SeaTac.

I was planning on getting a trasfer back to the airport after the cruise (flight leaves at 2:30).

I'd just as soon get the transfers to and from at the same time and by the same company whether it's Carnival or not.

Do I have to give my actual flight time to Carnival or whatever shuttle company. If I just gave them a random flight time on Tuesday morning then met them in pick up to get to the boat would that be okay or is that a big no-no cheating the system kind of thing?

I'm just trying to work out logistics and will totally use a different method if this would be too out of the question. I'm saving money which ever way I do it.

(will either arrange private transfer or take the train into downtown and grab a taxi at one of the stops)

okbookgirl you are on our roll call we are staying at the Hampton on 28th booked it about a month ago and got a very good deal. We arrive sunday at noon. When i called hotel we were told i was told they will shuttle us anywhere within a mile.. the stop for the rail is within that mile distance. :). we will use the rail a lot.

I would work real hard to find a room near downtown.

If you can not do that, skip the whole shuttle B.S. Just take a cab.

Another option is to get a rental car. That gets you downtown and back. And then back downtown again. There are drop off locations downtown to drop car on the last day. Then walk to ship, take short cab, or get rental agency to drop you off at ship. (go to ship with car earlier to drop off bags)

okbookgirl you are on our roll call we are staying at the Hampton on 28th booked it about a month ago and got a very good deal. We arrive sunday at noon. When i called hotel we were told i was told they will shuttle us anywhere within a mile.. the stop for the rail is within that mile distance. :). we will use the rail a lot.

Hi. I had a reservation at the four points downtown but the more I look at Hampton it just seems to make more sense to stay there and save the money. Have you done the rail before?

My flight actually will get in late Sunday so getting in to go downtown versus going a me down the road also leans me towards Hampton.

You can always take Shuttle Express to/from the pier; from the SeaTac area its usually about $50 on share ride, then I know its $22 per person from the pier to the airport this year.

Also, there's no shame in telling them you have an earlier flight than you do...most of the shuttle companies in the area know that you don't want to stand around a cruise dock all day in Seattle :)

Archived