Is Carnival Leaving Baltimore?

Ships R Great

CCL and Baltimore have an agreement up through 2016. It doesn't mean that the Pride is staying, but there aren't very many more options.

Though not many options on ships due to our bridges it would still be nice if at least a different Spirit class ship replaced the Pride, just for a decor change to see.

Though I'd rather see a different itineray over a ship change

We would consider a cruise out of Baltimore (closer than NYC for us), if only they would change the itinerary. UGH! Why would I want to go to Florida? Wish they would do some 10 day cruises, not only out of Baltimore, but fleet-wide. Just MHO.

We would consider a cruise out of Baltimore (closer than NYC for us), if only they would change the itinerary. UGH! Why would I want to go to Florida? Wish they would do some 10 day cruises, not only out of Baltimore, but fleet-wide. Just MHO.

They do (did) some alternate itineraries that involved Grand Turk/HMC with no Port Canaveral. And Bermuda, although I don't know if they do that one anymore.

I thought the itinerary was okay, but not something I would do twice. The alternate one looked good but it's something they were only doing like once every two months.

The weird thing with the Baltimore cruises is how much time they budget to get down there, and they take the scenic route. If you leave on Sunday afternoon, you arrive on Wednesday morning.

But on the way back, you leave Freeport on Friday afternoon and are in Baltimore on Sunday morning fairly early... provided no complications.

They kind of waste a day that they could use for different itineraries.

Given that we have to sail out of a northeast port, and sailing out of NYC is cost prohibitive, I am perfectly fine with the Pride and her itinerary for now.:)

Me too! The Pride and the repeat itineraries are better than NO ship out of Baltimore.

We enjoy the onboard experience as much, if not more, than the ports.

10 day itineraries don't seem to be too popular because fewer people can take that amount of time off.

They do (did) some alternate itineraries that involved Grand Turk/HMC with no Port Canaveral. And Bermuda, although I don't know if they do that one anymore.

I thought the itinerary was okay, but not something I would do twice. The alternate one looked good but it's something they were only doing like once every two months.

The weird thing with the Baltimore cruises is how much time they budget to get down there, and they take the scenic route. If you leave on Sunday afternoon, you arrive on Wednesday morning.

But on the way back, you leave Freeport on Friday afternoon and are in Baltimore on Sunday morning fairly early... provided no complications.

They kind of waste a day that they could use for different itineraries.

It's not just CCL, both Royal and NCL sailing out of Baltimore or NYC have similar itineraries.

Yeah, there's only so many places you can go in a week. Really only can go to Canaveral, Bermuda, HMC, Freeport, Nassau, and Grand Turk.

I guess they could go to Miami, but that would be the ultimate in oddball port calls. I thought it would be cool if they did Charleston, but I'm probably a 1%er on that.

Archived