MDR Requests - How?

id1scott

you can make your dining request to the email address no farther out than 50 days before your cruise departure date.

Not exactly true. 60 days prior to our sailing of Freedom (we are sailing in May) I sent my request to this email address. The very next day I got a very nice email response stating my request has been granted along with a diagram/sreen shot of the dining room with our table marked. So, although I would say that over 90 days prior to sailing is too far in advance, you can do it at 60...cause we did.

We just completed this for our B2B Freedom cruises that are 35 days out. We have been confirmed at an 8 top in the middle of the room, lowest level which is perfect for us and exactly what we requested. We are Platinum members.

Hate to make my first post a complaint, but my wife and I are going on our second cruise with RC and thought we'd try this email. Funny enough, the day I went looking for the email address this thread was posted here on CC! Anyway, I sent an email a few days ago and today got an email that was a cut and paste form response from RC to travel agents (which I'm not) about how I could tell my customers they are only able to reserve tables the week prior to a cruise.

Oh well, maybe we'll get what we want, maybe we won't. Either way... looking forward to our trip... unfortunately it's in November!

I would recommend sending the request in September or October. I know previously I was advised to not send it sooner than 3 weeks prior, but I think it depends on who is answering. It certainly sounds like around 60 days is the earliest recommended. I still think I would prefer to do it about 2-3 weeks prior and that way it would eliminate the potential of getting moved "out" of my spot.

I agree as a Gold the e-mail address works. Last year asked for a table for two by the window on the Serenade and got it. This year I sent the same e-mail and got a very nice response. Sweet people over at RCCl corporate really know how to help their guests with their requests. At least I got a response to say it was forwarded to the ship.

Just even being acknowledged makes you feel good from a person that reads their email. I've sent an email to another travel provider and it took such a long time and my requests were never entered.

Kudos to RCCL for at least acknowledging that we have requests and for doing their bests to accommodation them.

Not exactly true. 60 days prior to our sailing of Freedom (we are sailing in May) I sent my request to this email address. The very next day I got a very nice email response stating my request has been granted along with a diagram/sreen shot of the dining room with our table marked. So, although I would say that over 90 days prior to sailing is too far in advance, you can do it at 60...cause we did.

I agree requesting the table 60 days to 3 weeks before sailing is a good time period.

I posted a similar question earlier this week, we are on Jewel in less than 3 weeks. We are "lowly Gold" also. I emailed to the address Bob posted earlier, got a response that day that they submitted to the ship, and 'lo and behold - I got a confirmation today that we do have a table for 4 (they even listed it as table #420), right by the window! Exactly what we were hoping for!!! :)

Archived