Is it true no escargot on the Dream?

Bluemoon319

I just read this in a review for the Dream. :( I am hoping the reviewer was mistaken & just didn't notice they had it. I have been so looking forward to it, but would rather know ahead of time than to be disappointed once on-board.

I had them 9 days ago.

WHAT? Say it ain't so? I might have to rethink our Jan 2014 ship choice. Seriously though that would really suck, I love escargot. And because my wife doesn't like it I don't have to share.:p

We did not have them on the Valor in January.......but the steakhouse had them on the menu....:eek:

I do think they're trying to get you to go more often to the "paying" restaurants. It only makes good business sense......but I'm not liking them making so many cut-backs in the MDR.

The menus are all the same on every ship. Period....but perhaps a short cruise 4 or 5 days they do not have them. I just had them a few days ago. Got home this past weekend....very garlicky, by the way....:o

You must have gotten lucky....they didn't have them on our B2B on the Breeze in January....they used the escargot dishes for the stuffed mushrooms and they were nasty with this red goopy sauce on them.

The menus are all the same on every ship. Period....but perhaps a short cruise 4 or 5 days they do not have them. I just had them a few days ago. Got home this past weekend....very garlicky, by the way....:o

They were on the Inspiration for the four day in January and last weekend's cruise.

We didn't get the fat, clear Carnival pens, but that's a topic for another thread.

I remember reading about a shortage of escargot but that Carnival had found another supplier so beginning some time in February they would be put back on the menu. I can't remember the exact date when they would have them again though. Sorry.

I just read this in a review for the Dream. :( I am hoping the reviewer was mistaken & just didn't notice they had it. I have been so looking forward to it, but would rather know ahead of time than to be disappointed once on-board.

I was on the Feb 2 - 9 sailing. These were offered on the last evening in the main dinning room. little plate with notched out holders for approx 6-7 of them. We shared the sample around the table, as well as frog legs.

Thanks for all the feedback. It looks like only time will tell, but it is looking positive since I'm sailing on the 16th of March. Thanks too, for the tip about the stuffed mushrooms. I usually love stuffed mushrooms, but I'll stay clear of those nasty ones covered in red sauce. :eek:

Archived