Dublin transportation question

dotshub

Hi Dot,

The cruise terminal is in the industrial port area of Dublin and there is no public transport to the city centre. It is also too far to walk. You will have to take the shuttle bus that most cruise companies lay on, or else a taxi. The journey time to the city centre is about ten minutes.

Dermot

Hi Dot,

The cruise terminal is in the industrial port area of Dublin and there is no public transport to the city centre. It is also too far to walk. You will have to take the shuttle bus that most cruise companies lay on, or else a taxi. The journey time to the city centre is about ten minutes.

Dermot

Hi Dermot, Thank you for the information. Let's just hope Carnival has shuttle busses for us. Dot

Hi Dot,

Dermot

Dermot, Beings you live in Dublin can you tell me if we are going to have a problem getting around the city beings we will be there on the Sunday the GAA football Final is being played? Also can you recommend a really good restaurant in the city. Not to pricey just good food. Dot

The football final venue is Croke Park which is situated on the north side of Dublin away from the tourist areas. The main traffic delays are likely to be on the North Quays between the hours of 11.00 and 15.00 as supporters from the south and west of Ireland head to the match. The HoHo buses return along these quays, after leaving the Phoenix Park, at the end of the Dublin tour. If the Dublin team is in the final the traffic problems on the quays will be worse. There will be no problem getting around the places tourists visit in the city centre nor getting to the Guinness Storehouse. In the unlikely event of Dublin winning the All Ireland title there will be an amazing atmosphere in the city after the match.

Here are three well-regarded restaurants in the St Stephen's Green/Grafton Street/Dublin Castle area of the city and their lunch menus. I have lunched in all of them and enjoyed their food. You would need to allow a minimum of ninety minutes for lunch in any of them.

One Pico, Molesworth Place (close to St Stephen's Green)

http://www.onepico.com/sundaylunch.php

Peploe's, (on the north side of St Stephen's Green)

http://www.peploes.com/?p=63

Chez Max, Palace Street (at the entrance to Dublin Castle)

http://www.chezmax.ie/palace/menu/

I had to collect a Japanese colleague from Dublin airport the Sunday of the 2012 All Ireland final. On our way to his base on South side Dublin I took him on a quick 'tourist trip' around the landmarks in the city centre. There was no difficulty getting around.

C'mon over and enjoy it! :D

The football final venue is Croke Park which is situated on the north side of Dublin away from the tourist areas. The main traffic delays are likely to be on the North Quays between the hours of 11.00 and 15.00 as supporters from the south and west of Ireland head to the match. The HoHo buses return along these quays, after leaving the Phoenix Park, at the end of the Dublin tour. If the Dublin team is in the final the traffic problems on the quays will be worse. There will be no problem getting around the places tourists visit in the city centre nor getting to the Guinness Storehouse. In the unlikely event of Dublin winning the All Ireland title there will be an amazing atmosphere in the city after the match.

Here are three well-regarded restaurants in the St Stephen's Green/Grafton Street/Dublin Castle area of the city and their lunch menus. I have lunched in all of them and enjoyed their food. You would need to allow a minimum of ninety minutes for lunch in any of them.

One Pico, Molesworth Place (close to St Stephen's Green)

http://www.onepico.com/sundaylunch.php

Peploe's, (on the north side of St Stephen's Green)

http://www.peploes.com/?p=63

Chez Max, Palace Street (at the entrance to Dublin Castle)

http://www.chezmax.ie/palace/menu/

Hi Dermot, thank you for the restaurant list. We will check them out and pick one to try. It is encouraging to know that we will be OK with allthe folks being there for the finals. We will cheer Dublin on if they get to the finals. I know when our football team favorite wins it really a big deal for us. Again thank you, Dot

I had to collect a Japanese colleague from Dublin airport the Sunday of the 2012 All Ireland final. On our way to his base on South side Dublin I took him on a quick 'tourist trip' around the landmarks in the city centre. There was no difficulty getting around.

C'mon over and enjoy it! :D

Hello and thank you for this information. We are looking forward to our day and evening in Diblin. We just found out that Carnival has extended our time until 11pm so we will get to stay longer. I am glad to hear that we should beable to get around OK and see the things that are on our list. Especially Guiness and Jamison. Dot

Archived