Newly potty trained

adidas66502

I was wondering what the bathrooms are like in Camp Carnival. We are sailing the Breeze on March 2nd and our 2 year old recently decided she is too big for diapers. She can communicate that she needs to go to the restroom but doesn't like help while in there. Are there step stools or smaller potty seats? At home we use a smaller seat that sits over the regular seat and a step stool and she handles most everything with the exception of sometimes needing help wiping. Will they help wipe if she needs it? Don't see why not since its not much different than changing a diaper. Just want to know what I need to expect. Thanks!

My son was completely potty trained on our first cruise but he was totally freaked out about the toilets because of the loud sucking noises. I made sure that I was with him when he had to go to the bathroom. He would go in the cabin and I would flush it when he was in the other room otherwise he be hesitant to use it.

I wouldn't let him go to the youth program unless he went to the bathroom and I picked him up every couple of hours. I did the same thing before we went swimming. I made him go to the bathroom.

At two they are not usually 100% potty trained and do have accidents.

As to wiping- I can't answer that but it does seem logical that they would help if the child asks for help.

We haven't been on Breeze, but on both ships that I recall seeing the Camp bathroom they had one regular size toilet and one kid-sized one. I would think they'd have a step stool also, or in lieu of the little leu. :D

I do also think they will help wipe. Your biggest worry is probably that your DD will want to have a small potty at home after she gets used to it on the ship.

Our kids did not have issues with the loud toilets, but that is definitely something that needs to be socialized in advance.

Thanks for the info! I guess we will just have to wait and see how she reacts to everything. It is good to know that some of the ships had a smaller toilet available though. Hopefully she will use it but we are also very flexible with our plans. I think I'm more nervous about taking her on this cruise than I was when we took her at 11 months old!

Archived