Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

they are probably right. Although fires can happen across the fleet it probably won't happen.

And, like the rest if you would read what it would take to do anything different then they did they probably would have. They didn't make the decisions they did without some thought. I think, if you take a look, that other cruise lines may have behaved in the same manner.

If you have the "correct" insurance you can cancel for any reason, if you didn't buy it then cruise, have a ball, and get over it.

And no, not a carnival cheerleader I sail equally on all cruise lines...value destination and price over cruise line.

Sometimes you can buy insurace after you booked. So you can cancel then. I dont know how it works from there.

Do you actually think that if the Triumph manually dropped the anchor, it would actually hit bottom????? You can use Google for ANYTHING nowadays, and most results show anchor chains on 99% of ships are no longer than 300 ft. That said, again, you really think the anchor would hit bottom?????? Then they'd be floating, pitching, and rolling, with an anchor aweigh, thus adding so much more problems...........I think you will never be happy with any answer anyone gives you and if you continue to complain, you actually think that Carnival will change their long lasting guidelines just for you?????? Answer: slim to NONE.

This made me laugh and for some reason this popped into my head.

http://wtvr.com/2012/10/18/woman-deer-crossing-signs-should-be-moved-directed-to-low-traffic-areas/

LOL!! Hubby and I can't even pass one of those signs anymore without one of us making a joke. Lately all we have to do is glance at each other and we're rolling again! :D

I am really suprised that you thought that they would refund your money after final payment because of the incident with the Triumph and it is not even that ship your are sailing. Wow.

This. I'm far from a Carnival apologist (or even fan), but I had to laugh at OP. Just shows you there are all kinds out there.

OP had plenty of time to cancel. There was time for a refund. OP can also buy insurance. Apparently, he didn't want to.

But the most hilarious thing is he wants to cancel on ships that aren't the Triumph?

It's not like Carnival hasn't had an engine fire before. Can't use the "had no clue this could happen to Carnival" excuse. Again, the normal "didn't think it'd happen to me" doesn't apply cuz, one, he's preemptively cancelling, and two, it's not even the same ship so he can't point to it happening before. He's in the basically the same situation as a Royal Caribbean cruiser cancelling because a hurricane disrupted a Carnival cruise last year.

That's what insurance is for. This board allows plenty of griping and complaining. Chair hogs, smoking, prepaid gratuities. Plenty of topics evoke hearty complaints. :D

OP's "complaint" is hilariously delusional tho.

That's aside from his even more hilarious "somehow find and send another passenger-free ship to do a deep/rough sea offload of thousands of passengers." I'm actually surprised he didn't ask Carnival to send a fleet of Chinook helicopters and offload everyone that way. It "only costs money" after all. :rolleyes:

just got off the phone with carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the triumph issues i agree accidents happen, but don"t agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So i called to see what carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are not offering refunds. Its a triumph issue not a victory or a liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your sol.

Im booked in two weeks on the victory then right after on the liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

hi--you must be an expert--lol---bring another ship to take passengers off the triumph----you got to be kidding-in the middle of the ocean--and we have had 55 cruises on carnival--and find them very fair-----for your information---they are reimbursing them the full----yes---the full price of the cruise----got that---plus paying for their transportation home--got that----plus all charges on the sail and sign cards----eliminated--got that---plus the $500. Plus a big discount for the next cruise--got that---if you have so many complaints--stay home-----and don't bother anyone with your crazy thoughts--when you know nothing----irene and john

Its not the point about the fire.... Who cares about that. If the ship is stranded at sea, in this day of age they could of brought another ship and a transfer boat. I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender! You don't buy insurance for these reasons.... I have insurance (private) for sickness or death in the family.. I am insured.. Just not insured against a cruise line that operates poorly.

Ports that need a tender are not in the middle of the ocean. Plus tender ports get cancelled all the time due to rough conditions.

What happens if during such transfer someone gets hurt or killed? Then you would be on here saying they should not have done it. Its easy to be a monday morning quarterback. Why are you cancelling by the way?

Would you have ypur big boy pants on when your crapping in a bag and leaving it outside your stateroom hero?

Lotsa Carnival employees here. Gues the PR battle is on. Lawsuits are coming!!! Splender cost Carnival 40 million, this will cost a touch more.... LMAO

???????????

All I can say is OP, in the future, buy insurance. Without insurance you can't cancel anything and get your money back. I'm not sure why you thought people would be sympathetic to you on this topic. You were right about one thing though. You are SOL.

All I can say is OP, in the future, buy insurance. Without insurance you can't cancel anything and get your money back. I'm not sure why you thought people would be sympathetic to you on this topic. You were right about one thing though. You are SOL.[/quote

Most insurance policies are very specific about what they cover -- it would be very expensive to purchase insurance that would cover cancellation because of a fear.

I was going to say irrational fear, but I decided not to ;)

Articcat needs to check this ebook out... http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-over-Calamity-ebook/dp/B00BJ3YHTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1361536948&sr=1-1&keywords=Triumph+over+calamity

Maybe after he reads this families account of what happened aboard the Triumph he will get over himself. I doubt it, but ya never know. :rolleyes:

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

Did you cancell your two cruises in protest?

[quote name='Rottweiler Puppy']Europeans maybe, but definitely not the average American. My last Carnival cruise there were people at my muster station who were most definitely bigger then 2 or 3 seats could handle. At least a dozen that size.[/quote]

Stop it !! I am laughing too hard !!!:D:D

Ooh, ooh, my daughters are cheerleaders, does that count?

There was an accident last week on the highway. I'm trying to return my Mountaineer because it is too dangerous but for some weird reason, Mercury won't give me my money back...something about a contract?

I'm no Carnival cheerleader, I'm usually a devoted DCL girl. However, we booked Inspiration for next week after the fiasco with Triumph...and from what I've seen, most of the Triumph "survivors" are handling their trying time with much more class than you are, a guest not even there.

One last point. When I lived in the midwest, at least 3 times the power went out in the middle of a massive heat wave. 95 degrees with dripping humidity, 4 kids, rotten food, no air...for over a week each time. Did the electric company do anything for us? Reimburse the food? Say sorry? Even though it kept happening because they weren't trimming the trees and then took to long to repair things? Nothing. Nada. And they sure didn't give anything to my parents, who never lost power, but thought it was horrible we did so they wanted reimbursement for...something.

This thread made for an awesome read, thank you! :D

When trying to decide on what we should do for spring break we immediately decided on a Carnival cruise. For one reason because we have loved it in the past, and another reason we did was because of the way they handled the situation with the disabled cruise ship. From what I have read they done nearly everything they could, and then some to work with their guests.

The attitude of the OP is simply one that is prevelant in today's society.

Archived