~~ BREEZE REVIEW JANUARY 19-27th with photos! ~~

Joaljoe

Did you make it to the 3rd game show? Or any of the ones from the 6 day cruise? They were really fun! Read my next installment for 3rd game show news! LOL

I went to one on this cruise. Forget which one. On the 6 days one, I went to every one of them. I agree with you that they are a lot of fun to watch. Butch is the perfect game show host. He should be on TV.:)

Good to know about the ropes course... we thought they were both the same requirements. We didn't really need to pay too much attention because we knew both of our kids were over 55" and would have no problems.

Hope you had a great cruise and now enjoying all this wonderful snow we got!! :)

Sorry, I was trying to reply to the person asking about the height requirements (new at this posting thing...)! Guess I was excited to have an answer to a poster's question, lol!

We had a wonderful time on the breeze, but definitely not happy about all the snow (but kids are loving it!)

Great review too!

Sorry, I was trying to reply to the person asking about the height requirements (new at this posting thing...)! Guess I was excited to have an answer to a poster's question, lol!

We had a wonderful time on the breeze, but definitely not happy about all the snow (but kids are loving it!)

Great review too!

No worries, don't be sorry. I'm glad you did because I gave wrong info. :)

Kids always love snow. We had a snow day today but my kids insisted in going to school so they can finish their fort in the school yard. They're lucky they didn't have to shovel this heavy stuff today. lol

Haven't seen ourselves in any of your pictures yet but did recognize someone we know by the souvenir area in Tortola.

I'm sure if you looked through ALL of my photos, you'd eventually find yourself somewhere. lol Did you fly out of Toronto?

Thank you jacksmom09! :)

I'm sure if you looked through ALL of my photos, you'd eventually find yourself somewhere. lol Did you fly out of Toronto?

Yes, we fly Air Canada but we flew into West Palm and stayed at DH's nephew's townhouse in Stuart and then we rented a car after our 2nd cruise and spent 8 days in Fort Myers before flying home from there. i know, I know.....but you'll get all the time you want in about 30 years...lol. Something for you to look forward to...lol.:p::D

You mentioned the fact that you took an online photography course. Would you mind sharing the name of the course? If you would rather email me so as not to get in "hot water" with the moderators I can give you my email. I have been looking for such a course and I am having quite a time finding one.

I am truly enjoying your review and it is getting me excited about booking our family cruise.

Yes, we fly Air Canada but we flew into West Palm and stayed at DH's nephew's townhouse in Stuart and then we rented a car after our 2nd cruise and spent 8 days in Fort Myers before flying home from there. i know, I know.....but you'll get all the time you want in about 30 years...lol. Something for you to look forward to...lol.:p::D

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but not in a rush at the same time. Gotta enjoy every minute with my kiddies.... the years are just flying by way too fast! It was nice that you were able to break up the winter that way. I bet it helps with all this snow.

I am loving your review and the pictures. I will be on the Breeze in 45 sleeps. Your review is getting me excited. Thank you for taking the time to do it.:D

Glad you are enjoying! It's too bad that Butch's schedule has changed and you won't have him on your cruise! He really knows how to entertain his guests! But I'm sure whoever is taking his place will be great as well. :)

Monker2001 and Warrior64, feel free to email me at joalro at rogers dot com

and I will send you what you are looking for. My photos are in different places so I would have to share a few links with you Warrior64. :)

Originally when we were passing this ship we didn't see all the people hanging there at the top. I didn't notice them until I got home and was flipping through the photos. At first, I thought they were fake, until I saw that the people were in different positions in each pic I took. Must have been a fun excursion!

Tortola45.jpg

Tortola46.jpg

Yahtzee Bowling

Tortola47.jpg

I loved these!! (Looking down at the Atrium).

Tortola48.jpg

Tonight, shortly after the game show, around 9pm, Butch came on the announcements and by the sound of his voice something was wrong. He announced that a passenger on board needed medical attention so the ship was going to stop in Puerto Rico in about 2 hours. We haven't been on many cruises.... this was only our 4th one, but we've never had to make a stop to get someone off the ship and on this cruise we did 2 of them. At the beginning of the week, I think it was our first night, the ship stopped off at Nassau to disembark someone off the ship due to medical reasons as well. I'm very glad that both times we were close enough to shore to get these people medical attention. I hope they are both doing well now!!

For this reason Butch had to be on the bridge, so tonight's deck party was hosted by Amy (6'3"). The party was a little late to start and I think I remember Butch coming on the announcement again informing us that we have arrived in San Juan but that unfortunately he couldn't be with us. Amy is great, I do really like her as well but the party was not the same. We actually didn't stay for the whole party because DS started not feeling too well.... guess he danced too much! LOL We just ended up taking him to the room and putting the kids to sleep while we enjoyed some quiet time on the balcony before we headed to bed as well.

The team preparing to entertain without Butch! :)

Tortola49.jpg

Tonight, shortly after the game show, around 9pm, Butch came on the announcements and by the sound of his voice something was wrong. He announced that a passenger on board needed medical attention so the ship was going to stop in Puerto Rico in about 2 hours. We haven't been on many cruises.... this was only our 4th one, but we've never had to make a stop to get someone off the ship and on this cruise we did 2 of them. At the beginning of the week, I think it was our first night, the ship stopped off at Nassau to disembark someone off the ship due to medical reasons as well. I'm very glad that both times we were close enough to shore to get these people medical attention. I hope they are both doing well now!!

This was my 32nd cruise and the first time ever being on one with not one but two medical emergencies.

For this reason Butch had to be on the bridge, so tonight's deck party was hosted by Amy (6'3"). The party was a little late to start and I think I remember Butch coming on the announcement again informing us that we have arrived in San Juan but that unfortunately he couldn't be with us. Amy is great, I do really like her as well but the party was not the same. We actually didn't stay for the whole party because DS started not feeling too well.... guess he danced too much! LOL We just ended up taking him to the room and putting the kids to sleep while we enjoyed some quiet time on the balcony before we headed to bed as well.

The team preparing to entertain without Butch! :)

Tortola49.jpg

Great minds think alike...lol. It wasn't the same without Butch. We still had fun though.

I'm doing this itinerary in a couple of weeks, so I enjoyed your review! I'm glad you gave me a heads-up about Butch no longer being onboard so I won't be disappointed:)

I had to laugh about the steel drums for your kids--do you remember where you got them? Were they really big? I'm always looking for unique gifts for my kids to bring home.

I'm doing this itinerary in a couple of weeks, so I enjoyed your review! I'm glad you gave me a heads-up about Butch no longer being onboard so I won't be disappointed:)

I had to laugh about the steel drums for your kids--do you remember where you got them? Were they really big? I'm always looking for unique gifts for my kids to bring home.

They weren't too big. They fit nicely in their carry on bags. I turned them upside down and stuffed all their little knick knacks they collected over the week in it, and then placed some socks on top to keep everything in place.

When I get some time later on, I'll try and take a photo of one and post it here for you.

If you walk down the main shopping street just outside of the port in Antigua you should bump into a man on the street corner. He's more towards the end of all the shopping, I think it was a grocery store he was in front of. Can't remember 100%. We didn't see him until after we purchased ours in the small straw market I mentioned earlier. I just went up to one of the ladies in there and asked if they had any. She told me to wait, came back a few minutes later with a nice steel drum for my daughter. Then my son decided he wanted one.... so we asked if she had anymore, she told us that she didn't think so but went to check anyway. A few minutes later, came back with a blue one for my son. Everything was so rushed that I didn't think to take a good look at it, she just packed it in a bag, we paid and left. On our way back to the ship is when we noticed the fellow on the street selling them. No biggie though, because we already had two of them! Well, when we got back to the room... my son took his out and we realized she sold us one that they've been using. And it wasn't just gently used... the paint was chipped at the back, it was rusty, the paint at the top that shows you the notes was pretty much rubbed off too. We were pretty disappointed that we weren't smarter, we never thought to inspect it! Just makes us smarter for next time!! LOL

Inspect your items before paying!!

Have a great time on your cruise! :)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to quickly stop by and let you all know that something has come up in our family and I will be away for a week. I will unfortunately have to finish my review next week.

My apologies!! :)

Thank you for your reply. I have attempted to email you, but it has bounced back for some reason. Can you try to email me perhaps? Monker2001 at Yahoo dot com. Thank you so much for a great review

Sorry about that, I got your emails... just checked them this morning. You should have a response waiting for you. :)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to quickly stop by and let you all know that something has come up in our family and I will be away for a week. I will unfortunately have to finish my review next week.

My apologies!! :)

No problem, take care of your family and we'll be here when you get back :)