~~ BREEZE REVIEW JANUARY 19-27th with photos! ~~

Joaljoe

Hello Everyone! We had a fantastic time on the Breeze sailing January 19-27th. from Miami to St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. I wasn't going to write a review this time as I don't have a lot of spare time right now but if you bare with me, I will slowly get through it. Not all, but a lot of my photos you will see have been edited....

We traveled with both of our children and my in laws. We drove from the Toronto area into Buffalo and flew from there. We had a stop over in New York with about 1 hour to kill before the next flight. What we all loved about the La Guardia airport is the iPad stations they had everywhere. What a great way to kill time! Both flights to Miami were a BREEZE!! No major problems, although we were disappointed with Delta.....more to come on that towards the end of the review.

We're finally in Miami, all we want to do is get to our hotel but there is no shuttle to be seen. That airport was a mess! We waited for 45 mins...and gave up! Called on a taxi and off we went. We stayed at the Best Western Premier Miami close to the airport. They charged us $10pp to take the shuttle into port the next morning. We originally thought of taking a van taxi but we had so much stuff and with the 6 of us it would be really tight. So we had our shuttle scheduled for 11am. That evening we went off to South Beach. The kids were dying to go there and we wanted to take a walk down Lincoln Rd. We were excited to have Pizza from Rustica....hubby and I had been here in 2009 so we knew what was waiting for us. lol The kids were very happy to take a short walk on the beach. We shopped a little and headed back to our hotel. Everyone was tired from our loooong day, and we knew we had to be well rested for our exciting day tomorrow!!!

Here's our view from the hotel and a couple of photos from Lincoln Rd. Loved the souvenir shop... kids had a field day!

529020_10152422618095181_965712676_n.jpg

Breeze1.jpg

Breeze2.jpg

Our shuttle took us to the port on time. The porter we had the pleasure of dealing with was great and handled our luggage with care. He was very happy to receive a tip and directed us where to go. We got on the ship in no time...the lines were pretty short to our surprise. I believe we were on the ship by 12:15pm. Our rooms weren't ready yet so we headed over to the pasta bar for some lunch and then explored the ship.

We headed to the dining room first to check out our table which was located on the upper level in the Sapphire Dinning Room.

Breeze4.jpg

Breeze5.jpg

Club O2 - Kids checking out where they'll be hanging out on their next cruise. LOL

Breeze6.jpg

Bonsai Shushi - We couldn't wait to enjoy a lunch here!

Breeze7.jpg

Breeze8.jpg

Cherry on Top - This place was definitely a hit! I always saw someone in there.

Breeze9.jpg

A little something for that special someone.

Breeze10.jpg

Camp Carnival

Breeze11.jpg

Breeze12.jpg

Aft Pool

Breeze13.jpg

Serenity Deck - Pretty close to that water park! Some people complained about the noise.

Breeze14.jpg

Our first look at the water park!

Breeze15.jpg

Ice cream time!!

Breeze16.jpg

Our rooms were ready just after 1pm. We dropped some of our bags off and continued to explore the ship before sailing.

We booked another cove balcony, the exact same cabin as we had on the Dream. We love the location since it's so close to the elevators.

Breeze29.jpg

Breeze30.jpg

Sail Away Party!

Breeze17.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post pics and review the ship. It looks like a fantastic ship, my family had originally planned to sail the Breeze this summer to the Southern Caribbean but we switched to a more affordable cruise on the Valor instead. After seeing your pictures though it makes me want to sail on the Breeze even more and I absolutely loved that first pic of Miami as you're sailing out of the port. That's a beautiful pic!

Thank you! I LOVE how that photo turned out as well. :)

We almost didn't do the Breeze either, but we made it work! I'm SO glad that we did! You'll have to put it on your bucket list for sure!!

I'm having trouble posting more photos. Cruise Critic is VERY slow for me and has been the last couple of hours. Not sure if it's everyone or is it just my computer. I will try to post more later on or in the morning.

Thanks everyone and good morning!

Here's the rest of my photos of Miami before I go onto our first sea day!

We were very pleased with our first day on the ship. Everything went smoothly for us, and we were happy that Butch was our CD. We had him on the Dream and thought he was awesome! My in laws have never been on a longer cruise, they did 3 days on the Fantasy 20 years ago but that was a blur to them. They were very excited to experience an 8 day cruise and having their grandchildren there made it that much better. After our first dinner in the dinning room we split up to do our own things. We ended up going to the Welcome Aboard show that night, where we got to see a preview of the Diva's show. It was okay, but we felt it was lacking. The lead singer wasn't the greatest but we just like the atmosphere and aren't too picky. They do their best! We were quite tired from another long day and decided to head to bed after the show.

Breeze23.jpg

Breeze24.jpg

Breeze25.jpg

Breeze26.jpg0

Breeze27.jpg

Breeze28.jpg

I am posting photos as I took them day by day.... so ship photos will be a little scattered throughout the review.

We woke up to a beautiful sunny morning on our first sea day. The water was perfectly calm. We had breakfast at the Buffet.....nothing has changed over the years. I'm not a big fan of the food here, we all went to the omlet station and those were just okay. Mine was still a little runny inside, it was pretty busy and I think he was rushing them. But at least I didn't get a burnt one this time! We didn't get too many photos today.... too busy having fun! lol Kids went to Camp Carnival for a bit while hubby and I walked the ship, relaxed and unpacked everything.

This is a photo that my excited daughter took as soon as she woke up!

Breeze31.jpg

Breeze32.jpg

Breeze33.jpg

Breeze34.jpg

Checking out Grandma and Grandpa's view from Deck 8.

Breeze38.jpg

For lunch we stopped off at Red Frog Pub. DH really wanted to try the wings....he loves his wings! I tried the coconut battered shrimp that came with banana chips. Deeeelish!!! We meant to come back here during the week with the kids, but it never happened.

We needed an extra week on the ship to accomplish everything. Ha Ha Ha!

Breeze37.jpg

Breeze36.jpg

Breeze35.jpg

Before we knew it, it was later afternoon and time to get ready for formal night! My FIL did not join us due to the football game, a lot of people we bumped into were skipping formal night for this reason. After dinner we all went to the Ovation Theater for the Brits show. The kids wanted to sit right up front so we did but, boy did I regret it. It was just way too loud for me being in front of those big speakers and the lights were too bright on the eyes. The kids didn't mind it of course! LOL The show itself was just okay for me. Comparing to what we saw on the Dream a couple of years back....all in all, for the whole week we thought the Dream was much better. But I guess it just depends on what type of person you are and what you expect because my MIL loved it. I would still recommend seeing the shows, but don't expect to be blown away by any of them.

This is our photo from tonight's formal night!

Breeze39.jpg