If you are booking 9690 or 9390 Voyager Class

Be prepared! These cabins are not the same square footage as other E1 balconies! It is hard to tell in pictures, but the wall the porthole is in is about 18" deep and takes a lot of actual (and visual) space out of the cabin!

I tried to add photos, but CC is having problems at this point. I'll add them later tonight :o.

Just wanted to warn everyone because I was pretty surprised at how small the cabin seemed compared to 7688 (which we have had before).

Be prepared! These cabins are not the same square footage as other E1 balconies! It is hard to tell in pictures, but the wall the porthole is in is about 18" deep and takes a lot of actual (and visual) space out of the cabin!

I tried to add photos, but CC is having problems at this point. I'll add them later tonight :o.

Just wanted to warn everyone because I was pretty surprised at how small the cabin seemed compared to 7688 (which we have had before).

Thanks for that information; I posted a question about 9390 earlier but no one has responded. Is the balcony a good size tho? I am so tempted to switch to 9392. It will be our first aft; we usually have hump cabins.

Thanks!

We sailed in 9690 last December, and it was our first aft. It didn't strike us as much different in size than other E1 balconies we've sailed. We did love having a bigger balcony that accommodated two loungers, and the view was fabulous. We spent a huge amount of time on that balcony!

What we didn't love was the regular door to the balcony instead of a slider. The door itself was very heavy and difficult to open, and closed with a loud thunk. That door was the only reason we wouldn't go for that cabin again.

Teddie

The balcony is a fair size, but because of the curvature of the rail you do loose a bit of standing space. Our balcony had one lounger (halfway under the rail), two chairs and one of the small side tables.

Still can't get all pics to attach, but here is one showing the thickness of the window wall.

186.jpg.31a96d790099966da2c83e04eec17f9c.jpg

Thanks for that information; I posted a question about 9390 earlier but no one has responded. Is the balcony a good size tho? I am so tempted to switch to 9392. It will be our first aft; we usually have hump cabins.

Thanks!

If you have the chance to switch to 9392, do it. Balcony is definitely bigger. 9390 is a curved balcony, with a pole in the middle of the balcony. Atleast on the Explorer. We had 9392 and would take it again. Enjoy

Ditto. Take 9392...much bigger balcony. The corner aft balconies on deck 9 on Voyager and Freedom class are triangular in shape and there is a big beam that comes down over a portion of the balcony that you have to duck every time you go out there. I don't like that regular door either. The middle aft balconies are quite a bit larger on deck 9 than the corner afts.

Archived