Belize with 4yr old

SUN TURNIP

We took the entire family - including two 4-year-old granddaughters - to the Zoo and everyone loved it. It is not a zoo like you find in the US. It is much more primitive and all of the animals are native to Belize. It was a great excursion. It has been almost 2 years and everyone still talks about it.

We took the entire family - including two 4-year-old granddaughters - to the Zoo and everyone loved it. It is not a zoo like you find in the US. It is much more primitive and all of the animals are native to Belize. It was a great excursion. It has been almost 2 years and everyone still talks about it.

Ok thanks! I seen that on the excursion list. Did you book through Carnival or did you just take a cab? I know sometimes it's way cheaper to just take a cab. ha

We took our four year old on the "Old Belize River Tour and Mayan Ruins." It was a very long day but the trip was broken up with a boat ride then lunch and then a bus ride to the ruins.

It was a trip that the entire family enjoyed (me, DH, 4 year old DD, and 16 year old DS)

We took our four year old on the "Old Belize River Tour and Mayan Ruins." It was a very long day but the trip was broken up with a boat ride then lunch and then a bus ride to the ruins.

It was a trip that the entire family enjoyed (me, DH, 4 year old DD, and 16 year old DS)

Thanks! I'll look into that as well!

We're going to Banister Island through Coral Breeze. My 6 y.o wants beach!... so beach she'll have.. never been there, let's hope it's pretty..

Thanks! I'm looking into Goff Caye... I'll look into Bannister as well. I just want to make sure he has a good time! It would be nice if he could "snorkel" off the shore (since he can't swim). So I'm looking into several different areas.

We took our 4 year old to Bannister last year with the cruise ship- benefit there is that they tender you right there from the ship, which is very convenient. This year we are planning to try Coral Breeze's trip to Bannister with the snorkeling and manatee watch added in, as the kids (4 and 6 last year) really enjoyed learning to snorkel. Either way, Bannister is a great place for little kids- the water is clear and easy to swim- no steep drop offs, there are floats avialable for free, and tandem kayaks (also free to use), and a restaurant area with snacks/food for after swimming. The prices were very reasonable I thought- we had an order of fries, nachos, a coke, and a couple bottles of water, and it was about $10.

We took our 4 year old to Bannister last year with the cruise ship- benefit there is that they tender you right there from the ship, which is very convenient. This year we are planning to try Coral Breeze's trip to Bannister with the snorkeling and manatee watch added in, as the kids (4 and 6 last year) really enjoyed learning to snorkel. Either way, Bannister is a great place for little kids- the water is clear and easy to swim- no steep drop offs, there are floats avialable for free, and tandem kayaks (also free to use), and a restaurant area with snacks/food for after swimming. The prices were very reasonable I thought- we had an order of fries, nachos, a coke, and a couple bottles of water, and it was about $10.

Thanks so much for the reply! Thanks for the info about the water. I would like for him to try snorkeling... but I don't want the water to be too deep that he will be scared to try it. Thanks again!

We're going to Banister Island through Coral Breeze. My 6 y.o wants beach!... so beach she'll have.. never been there, let's hope it's pretty..

For those of you that are wanting info on Bannister Island, I did a COMPLETE review of the place when I returned in December. You will find TONS of pictures on my review...so everything you ever wanted to know and see about the place is there. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755846&page=7

It starts at post # 251

Archived