Extra rest. on REGAL

Izcruise

Hi Everyone! I will be leaving on 6-17-05 on the Regal. Does Anyone know if there are any extra rest. on board besides The main dinning room and buffet for dinner? Or any other options for dinner rather than room service? See you in the seas!:)

FYI... the buffet is called The Cafe del Sol on the Lido Deck, not the Horizon Court as it is on most other Princess ships, and becomes the "PC" dining for dinner. The Palm Court dining room is Traditional-only.

One really nice feature on the Regal is the open decks in the back of the ship where anyone can find loungers in the shade or sun pretty much any time of the day -- there aren't any aft cabins. My favorite was Deck 10. :)

The Pizzeria is a good alternative. It just serves pizza for lunch but in the evening you can get a few other entrees like lasagna besides the pizza, which is very good. They also have Tiramisu on the menu every night. We went in just for that after our dining room meal several times.

Half of the buffet is turned into a sitdown bistro every evening as mentioned above. The other half remains a buffet. We were on a 15 day cruise and the menu changed half way through the trip. It isn't different every night but the selections are good and different from what is being offered in the dining room. The room has lots of atmosphere with a piano player providing some nice music while eating. We thought this was a great alternative and surprisingly it was never real busy.

Izcruise - bon voyage and don't forget to write a review when you get back. I will be on the Regal in January and would like to hear all about her, food, cabins etc. Have a wonderful cruise.

We had wanted a table for two on the Regal and they couldn't comply, so the next evening we went up to the Bistro and loved it. We never returned to the Dining Room the remainder of the cruise. They put out tableclothes and the table were all set. There is a piano player every evening, and you have the windows to look out. After the first night they all knew what we wanted and treated us very well.

The pizza is very good also and it is set up very nicely with sit down service.

Interesting that one of the reasons that Princess cites for ridding the fleet of Regal Princess (as well as Royal) is that she doesn't fit into the “Personal Choice Cruising” mold like the rest of the ships in the fleet. I think this thread proves that in the food department at least, Regal Princes offers plenty of options.

My travel agent said there are additional restaurants (aka fine dining!) that are available for additional $$$. Has anyone tried these? I am not a buffet person and it's beginning to sound like that is the standard dining option. Is the pizzeria additional $$$? I am a senior on limited funds but want to enjoy our trip. :o

On the Princess Regal there are NO alternative restaurants that require extra $$$. The Pizza is no charge but, it is dining in only. In other words, you can't take a pizza to your cabin or by the pool etc. Great pizza though!!! The traditional Dining Room is "fine dining"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived