A moments thought for the Majesty

kalos

That's excellent.

I think Thomsons could maybe leave a box on the end of the reception desk on all of the ships for about six months. Nothing flashy and no hard sell, just a simple note attached. People could then contribute if they wanted.

I hope so to.

I don't think this has already been mentioned (sorry if it has) but £36,000 has been raised for the families of the 5 crew members by passengers, crew and Thomson and Louis Cruises:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/blog/?p=6812

Thanks Sailaway, I was wondering if Thomson had any means for us to contribute. Every time I passed the local TA it was heaving with people (probably trying to get away from this weather!) I will try again today.

That's excellent.

I think Thomsons could maybe leave a box on the end of the reception desk on all of the ships for about six months. Nothing flashy and no hard sell, just a simple note attached. People could then contribute if they wanted.

That's a good idea, most of us will be going in the next few months :)

I don't think this has already been mentioned (sorry if it has) but £36,000 has been raised for the families of the 5 crew members by passengers, crew and Thomson and Louis Cruises:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/blog/?p=6812

Just a thought! Passengers on Carnival Victrory are already suing for negligence :rolleyes: and no-one died!

I called into the Thomson shop this morning and asked if they knew if Thomson were setting up a fund for the families of those who died on the Majesty, so that people could contribute and they said they hadn't heard of one but they might be going to do one :rolleyes: In other words, they didn't know :rolleyes: so I said I would keep an eye on the website.

One of the TAs asked me what I thought of the ship and I said we really liked it and she said they had had mixed reports of it. I said I would thoroughly recommend it, but obviously not everyone likes the same things.

Just a thought! Passengers on Carnival Victrory are already suing for negligence :rolleyes: and no-one died!

I see several lawsuits have already been launched, whilst the Brits carry on in an unassuming manner doing all they can to help the families of the poor souls lost. It really makes you proud to be British.:)

A thought.... I wonder if any of those lawsuits being launched would contribute to lost wages of the Carnival Triumph's crew?, from accounts they were superb.

I see several lawsuits have already been launched, whilst the Brits carry on in an unassuming manner doing all they can to help the families of the poor souls lost. It really makes you proud to be British.:)

A thought.... I wonder if any of those lawsuits being launched would contribute to lost wages of the Carnival Triumph's crew?, from accounts they were superb.

I think the crew get most of their wages from tips. If the price of the cruise is refunded, would that include pre-paid tips?

Apparently lawyers are saying that there is only a slim chance of winning a lawsuit unles you were actually ill or injured

Now I read that one of the buses taking people home has broken down :eek:

According to marine traffic they are still at sea and not due in La Palma until 11 am. Does anyone know why this is?

They did not leave Gran C until almost 3am. don't know why but such delays are usually due to a severely delayed flight.

Hi Everyone,

We've asked the Mission To Seafarers charity to facilitate a fundraising appeal to raise money for the families of the crew who sadly died in the incident last week. For anyone who would like to donate, please visit the following website - http://www.missiontoseafarers.org/support-us/campaigns-and-appeals/thomson-cruises-appeal#axzz2LF5p0DNB.

We'd also like to thank everyone for their support and messages of condolences over the last week.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi Everyone,

We've asked the Mission To Seafarers charity to facilitate a fundraising appeal to raise money for the families of the crew who sadly died in the incident last week. For anyone who would like to donate, please visit the following website - http://www.missiontoseafarers.org/support-us/campaigns-and-appeals/thomson-cruises-appeal#axzz2LF5p0DNB.

We'd also like to thank everyone for their support and messages of condolences over the last week.

Thanks,

Dan.

Thanks Dan, will donate tomorrow .

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Archived