2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

We are now married!!!! The wedding was perfect... Carnival is awesome!!! The stress is over ..... Now it's time for fun.. Still sitting in port due to fog but after many drinks at the reception and a couple after who cares:) we're on vacation... Thank you everyone for all your support though out the planning process... Y'all are the best... Pics to follow...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats!!!! Glad to hear that everything went so well for you.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

We are 45 days out and received a letter from Norwegian going over the details of our wedding day. It is very thorough and includes the wedding coordinator's names and phone numbers, which staterooms will be ready early for the wedding party, our menu, our songs, etc. The letter was professional and personal.

I am so impressed with both Royal Ocean Events and NCL!

I wish Galveston was a prettier port so that I could maybe get married there instead of wasting a port day on the cruise. I am from Houston so I am not to thrilled with Galveston's water and beach as a backdrop for my wedding. Has the Carnival Wedding Department been cooperative? I have read reviews where at first they respond, and then they don't.

I wish Galveston was a prettier port so that I could maybe get married there instead of wasting a port day on the cruise. I am from Houston so I am not to thrilled with Galveston's water and beach as a backdrop for my wedding. Has the Carnival Wedding Department been cooperative? I have read reviews where at first they respond, and then they don't.

I have read the same troubling reviews, but they have been responsive for me. I just got the call about final details the day after we submitted our forms. We had one snafu with Wedding Experience not telling Carnival about their address change, but that was corrected. I'm in the home stretch and I'm excited and grateful.

Hello all! Fiancé and I just decided to wed on Carnival Valor August 16,2014. After deliberating a traditional wedding we preferred a beach site celebration. My question to anyone is: is anyone considering booking a vendor like Island Bliss for an on shore wedding celebration? I didn't like what Carnival has to offer, just a simple ceremony for two and then back to the ship for a 2 hr reception. Any advice on how best and smooth to make the ship to beach transition and on shore reception a fun and stress free ocassion, is really appreciated. Congrats to all newlyweds! . :)

I am using Island bliss but I am doing the exact opposite! I have en entire day with them from 10:30 til 5:00! I have had ups and downs with IBW but I think it is because I am doing such an extensive package and changing so many things to make it more custom.

Janelle has simpler wedding packages. I would contact her and go over exactly what you are looking for and she can give you a range of options. She allows customization to anything.

one question though.... if your just a simple wedding for two are you going to have a 2 hour reception for only two people as well??? or are you leaving all of your guests on the ship? haha

As for transportation, that can get pricey. If its just the two of you it might be included on the package cost, I'm hauling 32 people from ship to beach to mountain and back to ship and its added quite a few bucks to my total :rolleyes:

Edited by Bo59rt

I'm going to add my count down....

Leaving in 2 weeks! Wedding in 18 days! Ahhhhhhhh! So busy the past few days with the wedding planner!

Starting to feel really real :D

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

We're just back from our Carnival Paradise wedding. It was awesome! We were very happy with the whole experience and are very pleased that this is the way we decided to get married. Having all of our friends and family on the cruise with us was so much fun. We got married in the Normandie Lounge and had the reception in the Rex Disco. Everyone was brought to tears by the bride's grand entrance down the staircase. The reception food was magnificent and the cake was delicious. We spent a lot more on photographs than we had planned, but the coffee table book was spectacular! We will post more details and pictures later. Let us know if you have any questions. Erik and Karen :)

I am using Island bliss but I am doing the exact opposite! I have en entire day with them from 10:30 til 5:00! I have had ups and downs with IBW but I think it is because I am doing such an extensive package and changing so many things to make it more custom.

Janelle has simpler wedding packages. I would contact her and go over exactly what you are looking for and she can give you a range of options. She allows customization to anything.

one question though.... if your just a simple wedding for two are you going to have a 2 hour reception for only two people as well??? or are you leaving all of your guests on the ship? haha

As for transportation, that can get pricey. If its just the two of you it might be included on the package cost, I'm hauling 32 people from ship to beach to mountain and back to ship and its added quite a few bucks to my total :rolleyes:

Thank you so much Bo59rt for responding. Its not just the two of us its at least 30. But we definitely want to have the ceremony on or near a beach. I have heard varying reviews of Janelle so I wanted to make sure they can be trusted. Carnival's package doesn't offer much. So if we can have a longer reception for our guests on shore then we can do a more formal reception back on the ship. But yes transportation is another factor. I would just be taking them to one place beach or the villa they have as an option.

Plus photography!! What are you doing about that?

So many things to consider.

Thanks for your input! :)

Steph

Thank you so much Bo59rt for responding. Its not just the two of us its at least 30. But we definitely want to have the ceremony on or near a beach. I have heard varying reviews of Janelle so I wanted to make sure they can be trusted. Carnival's package doesn't offer much. So if we can have a longer reception for our guests on shore then we can do a more formal reception back on the ship. But yes transportation is another factor. I would just be taking them to one place beach or the villa they have as an option.

Plus photography!! What are you doing about that?

So many things to consider.

Thanks for your input! :)

Steph

Well including my fiance and I we are a group of 32 people. We chose her "ultimate cruise ship experience" wedding on her website. We paid for the 30 person group and an extra charge for the two extra people.

Here is what we are doing two weeks from tomorrow (its coming up quick!):

Leave ship to go to magens bay for ceremony

From there we go to villa botanica for a 1 hour cocktail hour and 3 hour reception.

Then back to ship.

If you do this package, transportation to villa botanica is included but if you go to a beach for the ceremony (instead of having it at the villa) that it's extra money for transportation. With Megan's bay I am paying $30 pp extra for the additional transportation and chairs set up at the beach.

I have changed the package so much I'm probably annoying her haha. Oh well it will all be worth it.

ImageUploadedByForums1395092242.815822.jpg.3e65cd88135b7822b3cd76e8ca804241.jpg

The wedding was perfect!!! Carnival does an awesome job!!! I never dreamed they would make it so easy and perfect... They wedding on the ship in Galveston was the best decision we could have ever made.... They really take care of you... No worries at all.

ImageUploadedByForums1395091940.537090.jpg.252bdd07082d70a63dac8cc1eaf38c02.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395091965.567117.jpg.9c0031eec7c8b29f2cc275a8dbcdb0bc.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395091989.803862.jpg.6019310d1eb45cc20739e93da01ff1f5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092019.597080.jpg.a552a4e89243a59165f4af5aa3e6add0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092044.452474.jpg.cdf1720b562ab13a758232305b9c546a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092077.161800.jpg.5486da71030f6530560d292d5c1059e5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092108.100299.jpg.52c776672880e854cd27a558f396a81b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092136.080987.jpg.623cb4104d3640953d62086cc0d7b62c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092167.693261.jpg.42afb90c9c0bb6607cb7959ad7f3c18c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1395092202.465412.jpg.27cfeba649df8cd352a21802524b43e0.jpg

Well, this has been so stressful. I am cruising October 26th on the Carnival Freedom and our plan was to get married on the first stop in Key West. Well Carnival decided to change the itinerary. So now we are not going to Key West at all. This of course after I booked and left deposits for everything in Key West. So now I'm left scrambling begging people to give my deposits back, so I can try to plan some alternative. Not happy!! I would get married on another stop, but we had people driving down to Key West to see us because they didn't want to go on the cruise. So now I'm thinking about having the wedding in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise.

[ATTACH]306045[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306046[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306047[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306048[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306049[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306050[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306051[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306052[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306053[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306054[/ATTACH][ATTACH]306055[/ATTACH]

The wedding was perfect!!! Carnival does an awesome job!!! I never dreamed they would make it so easy and perfect... They wedding on the ship in Galveston was the best decision we could have ever made.... They really take care of you... No worries at all.

Your photos look gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

Well including my fiance and I we are a group of 32 people. We chose her "ultimate cruise ship experience" wedding on her website. We paid for the 30 person group and an extra charge for the two extra people.

Here is what we are doing two weeks from tomorrow (its coming up quick!):

Leave ship to go to magens bay for ceremony

From there we go to villa botanica for a 1 hour cocktail hour and 3 hour reception.

Then back to ship.

If you do this package, transportation to villa botanica is included but if you go to a beach for the ceremony (instead of having it at the villa) that it's extra money for transportation. With Megan's bay I am paying $30 pp extra for the additional transportation and chairs set up at the beach.

I have changed the package so much I'm probably annoying her haha. Oh well it will all be worth it.

Thanks for writing. Sounds like a grand day. I think I will just do one stop at the Villa- my family is concerned about rain and wind, so they prefer a roof over their heads. I have contacted Janelle and will be in touch as far as a perfect package for us. It seems as though this can be just as involved as a traditional wedding at home, but it will look so much nicer in pictures!

Brides we want it all then we see something else and want that, I think its the emotions. I will try to keep it as simple and easy as possible.

Thanks again!

:)

Edited by Steffylis

Well brides (and grooms) I started this thread sometime early 2013. And now its.....HERE!!!!! I am finishing up a couple of hours at work and I'm flying out tonight! Tuesday at 11:30am I will be marrying my lovely hubby to be on Magen's Bay in St. Thomas! Wish me luck, I have a lot of "contraband" I'm trying to get on the ship eg. steamers, multiple curling irons and flat irons. Still doesn't feel real yet!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Well brides (and grooms) I started this thread sometime early 2013. And now its.....HERE!!!!! I am finishing up a couple of hours at work and I'm flying out tonight! Tuesday at 11:30am I will be marrying my lovely hubby to be on Magen's Bay in St. Thomas! Wish me luck, I have a lot of "contraband" I'm trying to get on the ship eg. steamers, multiple curling irons and flat irons. Still doesn't feel real yet!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Good luck! I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful. They better let you keep everything!