B4?

Barrheadlass

I contacted O about a late 2014 cruise 2 days ago, and OV and inside cabins are already wait listed. This is for a TA cruise. Still available are B4 (on the Marina). I am probably going solo so was trying to economize. How are the b4 veranda cabins? Worth it on a TA in November?

How much you desire to take this cruise would be the decision-maker for me. As said above, the cabins, up to Penthouses, aren't that different in size and amenities. Will you use the balcony on a TA? Depends on the weather. I probably would as I like being able to get "fresh air" in the morning and before I go to bed. Location doesn't bother me as we like to be in the forward part of the ship - love the rock n roll.

Thank you. I'm wondering weather-wise if the balcony would be worth it..especially as I'm paying so much as a solo...The difference in price from an OV to a veranda isn't that much. I know the weather could be anything! Even considered an inside, which I've never had, as I figure I'll spend so little time in the room.

Thank you. I'm wondering weather-wise if the balcony would be worth it..especially as I'm paying so much as a solo...The difference in price from an OV to a veranda isn't that much. I know the weather could be anything! Even considered an inside, which I've never had, as I figure I'll spend so little time in the room.

You could always book the balcony but ask to w/l for a lower Cat

If your cruise is a year + away lots of things can happen & people cancel for a number of reasons

Lyn

I contacted O about a late 2014 cruise 2 days ago, and OV and inside cabins are already wait listed. This is for a TA cruise. Still available are B4 (on the Marina). I am probably going solo so was trying to economize. How are the b4 veranda cabins? Worth it on a TA in November?

We wondered the very same thing and many told us we would likely not use it - too cold. However, of all our cruises we used our balcony the most on a TA in November.

Like a previous post I enjoy the fresh air, especially if on the cool side. During the long sea days would relax out out on the balcony lazily watching the cloud formations in the bright blue sky on the horizon - loved it. On that crossing often it was also surprisingly warm not unlike a Spring day. Even one or two days pool deck type sun and a day of rain. All together very nice.

We were on a TA on Marina in a Penthouse (which we NEVER book otherwise) and we went onto the balcony once in 16 days.

I can get my fresh air on the open deck. The small balconies are not worth it to me. There are some for whom a balcony is a must because they order room service and want to have coffee or breakfast on the balcony. If you fall into that category of cruiser, maybe it's a must have.

Otherwise save your $$.

Archived