Anthony Key dolphins vs Cozumel dolphin discovery

Ccboltie

I have done the dolphin encounter in Cozumel at Chankanaab and I have done the dolphin encounter at Anthonys Key.

The dolphin encounter in Cozumel we did more with the dolphins in a structured way. They start out with petting them as they swim by. Then you each get to hold one and get a kiss. They also have two of them pull you in the 'fin pull" and finally they have two of them come up under your feet and lift you out of the water...... it was awesome.

We did the dolphin encounter AND SNORKLE at Anthonys Key. Other than petting, holding and a kiss you do not have a lot of other contact UNLESS you do the swim/snorkle portion (more $) There were the 5 of us and about 20-25 dolphins in the pen. We had a lot of fun playing with them in a very natural unstructured way.

Both were great, but for different reasons. Hope this info helps

I have done the dolphin encounter in Cozumel at Chankanaab and I have done the dolphin encounter at Anthonys Key.

The dolphin encounter in Cozumel we did more with the dolphins in a structured way. They start out with petting them as they swim by. Then you each get to hold one and get a kiss. They also have two of them pull you in the 'fin pull" and finally they have two of them come up under your feet and lift you out of the water...... it was awesome.

We did the dolphin encounter AND SNORKLE at Anthonys Key. Other than petting, holding and a kiss you do not have a lot of other contact UNLESS you do the swim/snorkle portion (more $) There were the 5 of us and about 20-25 dolphins in the pen. We had a lot of fun playing with them in a very natural unstructured way.

Both were great, but for different reasons. Hope this info helps

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. My daughter is 22 and I thought the AKR dolphin encounter sounded a little tame so if we do AKR we should do the swim even if it means giving up the beach.

Archived