Majesty - some info please

Hi we r goin on majesty next month and I found this website while following the awful happenings last week. Can I ask anyone that has done this cruise few questions please? We r booked for deck 8 or 9 -r those ok? What are the shops like on board - I usually try get something nice while away (either nice bag or jewellery etc). Re the ports any info of any 'must' see or do? We have the drinks package oh is happy with lager and I like rose wine -r these both ok on board? I am also partial to a nice southern comfort but I would assume this is not included? Any other info or tips would b very much appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply. Hope u r all having a nice weekend :)

Hi we r goin on majesty next month and I found this website while following the awful happenings last week. Can I ask anyone that has done this cruise few questions please? We r booked for deck 8 or 9 -r those ok? What are the shops like on board - I usually try get something nice while away (either nice bag or jewellery etc). Re the ports any info of any 'must' see or do? We have the drinks package oh is happy with lager and I like rose wine -r these both ok on board? I am also partial to a nice southern comfort but I would assume this is not included? Any other info or tips would b very much appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply. Hope u r all having a nice weekend :)

Hi Pafos, Welcome to the forum. We came back last Friday and had a really lovely time. The news of the accident was very upsetting as you can imagine, after just coming home.

We didn't have the AI so can't help on the southern comfort but I had quite a few glasses of rose and DH had lager and they were both fine.

The shops were quite varied - jewelry, handbags, clothes, toiletries

These are my reviews if you have not already seen them

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787737

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1790436

We had a great time, I'm sure you will too. Any more questions fire away

Hi and welcome to the Thomson board :)

Should you look and read the boards you will find some very good recent reviews of the Majesty

and most people will help you with most of your questions as well .

As for your drinks on your package anything with a price (in Blue)posted alongside the drink would be what it would cost you .

Below is a Bar List that we used at New Year on this ship .

Hope this helps :)

Save_maj_bar_2.jpg

Save_maj_bar.jpg

Hi Pafos, Welcome to the forum. We came back last Friday and had a really lovely time. The news of the accident was very upsetting as you can imagine, after just coming home.

We didn't have the AI so can't help on the southern comfort but I had quite a few glasses of rose and DH had lager and they were both fine.

The shops were quite varied - jewelry, handbags, clothes, toiletries

These are my reviews if you have not already seen them

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787737

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1790436

We had a great time, I'm sure you will too. Any more questions fire away

Hi linda

I found your reviews after I had posted lol. Very informative and useful. I am sure what happened was very upsetting for u and I hope u r a bit betr now. We have been on a couple cruises only so r not veterans and have not been on the majesty. Another site with reviews had got me worried as they were not good so am glad have found somewhere that has more positive reviews. Thanks again for ur reviews and taking the time to reply x

Hi kalos

Thank for that. So all the ones without amounts in blue next to them are included in dp and ones with blue are what we wld pay if we wanted those? Southern comfort not bad at only 1.15 then, just in case I get a wee notion for one (or mayb 2 or 3) lol.

Thank u for taking the time to reply

Linda, sorry for bothering u again. As I said I had found reviews on another site that were to put it mildly very unflattering of the majesty and one in particular got me very very worried. It stated that both the mattresses on the bed and the sheets were marked/ stained! As I am rather OCD I nearly freaked when I saw that as I could never in a million years use it. In your opinion was that something u came across or do u think it may have been exaggerated by the reviewer? Thanks again x

Linda, sorry for bothering u again. As I said I had found reviews on another site that were to put it mildly very unflattering of the majesty and one in particular got me very very worried. It stated that both the mattresses on the bed and the sheets were marked/ stained! As I am rather OCD I nearly freaked when I saw that as I could never in a million years use it. In your opinion was that something u came across or do u think it may have been exaggerated by the reviewer? Thanks again x
I can't say I looked at the mattress, but the sheets were spotless. Lovely white cottton sheets. The mattresses were a bit strange though. Wherever you laid you seem to sink in if you know what I mean. I slept very well on them but tended to end up on the edge of the bed :)

I read a review that said the towels were grey and threadbare :eek: Well ours were thick white and fluffy - not terribly big :rolleyes: but lovely and clean.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

That's good that sheets were nice and clean and towels good too. Hope we don't have any of the threadbare ones some have spoke of. I am a teensy bit of a freak cause of OCD I do tend to check under the sheets lol. Always have my antibacterial wipes etc with me at all times. Most folk wld think am weird but everyone that knows me just laughs and makes a joke of it which I am used to. My OH even calls me 'Monk' sometimes lol

That's good that sheets were nice and clean and towels good too. Hope we don't have any of the threadbare ones some have spoke of. I am a teensy bit of a freak cause of OCD I do tend to check under the sheets lol. Always have my antibacterial wipes etc with me at all times. Most folk wld think am weird but everyone that knows me just laughs and makes a joke of it which I am used to. My OH even calls me 'Monk' sometimes lol

Oh, I take my antibacterial spray everywhere with me, even in this country :D

I have always found Thomson ships to be very clean. Indeed most ships are cleaner than a lot of hotels :D

Please do not worry , I think Linda will agree that the ship is very clean.:)

On our last cruise I did a 20 minute film that shows the ship "As it is"

Please see first 5 mins of film ,it shows you Crisp white sheets and the bathroom has nice white fluffy towels.

Should your bed sink in the middle,ask your room steward to sort it for you ,they did for us .

Watch film

This was just a small cabin ,I hope this film reassures you :)

Hi kalos, I suppose we should have asked them to change the mattress. Someone else on the ship mentioned it as well.

I would recommend the plus cabins, they are not a lot bigger but have more storage space, two good size wardrobes and TWELVE drawers :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

We got by fine Linda had to move things like the telephone onto window sill

but to us it was no worse than the Destiny cabins,well a little smaller.

Looking at Kruz's Brill pictures of the cabins on the Dream today and all that space ! :cool:

I will be phoning a taxi to get from one end of it to the other :rolleyes::D

We got by fine Linda had to move things like the telephone onto window sill

but to us it was no worse than the Destiny cabins,well a little smaller.

Looking at Kruz's Brill pictures of the cabins on the Dream today and all that space ! :cool:

I will be phoning a taxi to get from one end of it to the other :rolleyes::D

We never went on the Destiny, so have nothing to compare them with. The Dream cabins are big :) the first time we went on the Dream we had an outside plus, but now we have a standard outside and they are fine. I think the outside plus is better on the Majesty though. I'd never get all my clothes in that little cupboard :D:D

QUOTE=CRUISIN LINDA;37157604]Oh, I take my antibacterial spray everywhere with me, even in this country :D

I have always found Thomson ships to be very clean. Indeed most ships are cleaner than a lot of hotels :D

I don't take an antibacterial spray with me but I do take a strong magnifier to check if there are any bedbugs!!

A few years ago, after reading an article about bed bugs being rife in the USA, I had a scare. I was unpacking after a holiday when I saw a little bug crawling up the wall near the suitcase. Well straight away I thought 'bed bugs' as I also had what I had thought were 3 mossie bites on my thigh.....breakfast, lunch and dinner which are the signs of bed bugs.

I washed everything in the case, and the case, to get rid of any bugs and put them out to dry. Meanwhile i was checking them out on the internet. I was horror struck. When I went to bring the washing in it was covered in bugs! They were harvest mites as was the lone one climbing up the wall. Ever since I have taken this magnifier to check out the beds wherever I go! :eek:

By the way I am not OCD, not much anyway. :D

Hi linda

Thanks for reassurance. Yes I take my wipes and spray everywhere. I use them if go to the loo anywhere instead of taps. We r booked into normal cabin but think will see bout upgrading to plus, prob will nd wardrobe space lol. X

Hi jakanne1

Oh dear u wld nd wash everything all over again! We lived abroad for number of years and got used to all number of creepy crawlies and snakes. Our son wld shout on me to get rid of some of them lol. I been OCD for a long long time so family, friends etc r used to my weird ways lol. Most of things I do I don't even think r weird just extra careful re cleanliness lol! Well that's my story and sticking to it ha ha. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Forget everything else. The item with the most bacteria on in any home, ship or hotel is the tv remote control. Always scrub it before using it, it's the one thing housekeeping never cleans. Think about it, yuck.:eek:

Jan

Yup first thing I clean anywhere we go along with side tables they are worst for germs. I have auto immune disorders tog with compromised immune system so this is vital for me. I also try use a straw (ones that come in paper covers) instead of drinking straight from glass. If having wine I get in a tall glass with ice so doesn't look silly using straw lol

Forget everything else. The item with the most bacteria on in any home, ship or hotel is the tv remote control. Always scrub it before using it, it's the one thing housekeeping never cleans. Think about it, yuck.:eek:

Jan

Will do! :eek::D

Jan

Will do! :eek::D.

Hi kalos

Sorry but when I click on that it goes onto the site but I get a MSG that cldnt load? Again thanks for help and replying

Strange works fine here :confused: No problem ,next time you are on YouTube type into the search box .. THOMSON MAJESTY 2013

..and you should find it that way :)

I see what prob is its not set for mobiles or iPad. Will watch when I on laptop. Did find other videos of ship and looks nice. Thanks for saying bout YouTube as that hadn't occurred to me duh!

That 's why I cannot see it as I use an ipad. :eek: