Medicare & Empire Blue Cross insurance

sugarking

I have Medicare and Empire Blue Cross. From what I understand Medicare will not cover medical care outside of the US, and blue Cross will not cover anything that Medicare does not cover. Do I need to purchase insurance and if so, can anyone recommend an inexpensive policy that will cover evacuation?

Thank you, in advance!

IMO you definitely need insurance. You can get it directly through the cruise line or your TA or you can get it on your own.

TravelGuard is a company we have used often. For little added cost you can customize the coverage for what is important to you. I would want more evac coverage in Belize than I would in Bermuda. The pre-existing coverage waiver is important to a lot of people. Make sure you understand how it works.

Insure My Trip is a good comparison website. I usually call travel guard directly. You can look them up on the Internet.

I've used squaremouth dot com a few times now to get my insurance. There was an issue the most recent time-- the policy wouldn't go through properly for some reason-- they called me several times to keep me updated. I can't say enough good things about their customer service, and I would highly recommend them because of it. It's so much more than a faceless web site!

Archived