Trip report of 2 weeks in French Polynesia!

psyfi

I booked all of my tours directly with the operators and they all went off without a hitch! Some were quicker at responding to emails than others, but all the tours were wonderful. Absolutely no complaints about any of them. One thing to consider is that they let all the Princess tours tender off first so plan to head to the lounge at least 1/2 hour before you want to be onshore. It was never an issue, except for on Moorea and that was because they suspended tender operation for about 40 minutes due to the waves. Although we were instructed to meet at 8:30, tour start was 9 and we arrived ashore about 8:55. Our tour guide was waiting, but there was another couple late as well. I recall someone complaining on TripAdvisor that a tour left without them, but they were late.

Thanks for the tips..

• 4 weeks later...
Great review! Thanks..

Did you book most of your tours through Princess or direct with the tour companies?

We're going next year and other than the actual dives, I'd be interested in all your other tours..

Have not gone on our FP cruise yet, but have had some difficulty in booking tours. We are traveling on Marina Apr 18 from Papeete and, two weeks ago, all of the ships tours on Huahine were fully booked and the local operators could not accommodate our booking requests. Do the early bird thing!

Have not gone on our FP cruise yet, but have had some difficulty in booking tours. We are traveling on Marina Apr 18 from Papeete and, two weeks ago, all of the ships tours on Huahine were fully booked and the local operators could not accommodate our booking requests. Do the early bird thing!

Our cruise is next April and I've already booked all but one of our tours. :D

I hope you're able to find something..

The Marina is a big ship for French Polynesia. The passenger capacity is 1/4 of the population of Huahine. That's why it is overwhelming their tour options. I hope you find something to do.

Hey Psyfi-----We live in Windsor also--what are the chances of that!!! We live a few blocks west of Lesperance (Tec.).

I am in the very beginning stages of planning a Tahiti vacation. Tiki has given me some great suggestions on the best months to travel---if I had the slightest idea of maybe going off season, I now know there is a zero % chance of taking a gamble that the weather might be o.k. I would have been so disappointed. Rain and rough water-ahhh!

Hi, I wanted to say thanks so much for your informative report of your travels. We are doing a similar trip in Jan of next year. Hopefully the weather will be somewhat better. Always a chance.

I have lots of other questions about what to do in some of the ports. I have in previous cruises booked private ( smaller groups) excursions, but this one has me stumped. I do have booking in Bora Bora for snorkelling, but that's about it. I read, lurk about on these boards to get some ideas.

I noticed that you did most of yours just off the ship at the dock. I was wondering how you felt this worked for you.....so many people to invade some of this smaller islands makes me wonder how available they are. we are a group of eight so that in its self is some times an issue. We don't have to all travel together. If u could give me your thoughts on this.

Would like to do the glass bottom boat in Rangoria, do u think I can book ahead? Can't seem to find how to do that.....

Look forward to hearing from you with any input u can give.

Thanks

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would absolutely book your tours ahead. All my tours were booked ahead. For many of the ports there was NOTHING to do at the dock so if you don't have a plan, you may not get to do anything. Also depending on the size of the ship, the number of passengers can overwhelm the local options and the best options do fill up. we booked L'Excursion Bleue almost a year ahead and he subcontracted for a second boat because a group of 12 had already filled his tour that far ahead. All ship tours in Rangiroa were cancelled due to the rough water, but our private tour went out. It was rough but worth it. Have a great trip. Happy planning!

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I missed this, but what type of cabin did you choose; we are wondering if a balcony is good on such a cruise as this, as there are mostly ports, is it worth the extra cost to have the view coming into the ports?

Seriously considering the 10 day and doing back to back as the cost of air is so high.

Thanks

Tammy

• 1 month later...

Tammy, we had a n aft balcony. It was huge and is cut out of the hull, so metal walls at the sides and in the front railing (not glass). I wish we could have enjoyed it more but it rained a lot. It is partly covered so sometimes we were out in the rain but with the wind most days it was hard to enjoy it. Hope you enjoy your trip!

• 3 weeks later...

Just loved Curious George! We take our monkey, Monk, on our trips too! Looks like you are just as crazy as we are! We are doing the 28 day Hawaii and French Polynesia cruise in October and Monk will definitely be going! You do get some strange looks from fellow travelers, don't you, but it is all in fun!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Loulou942, I did not go to either of those ports. You are best to start a new thread.

Sunbury06. I am sure Curious George would love to meet Monk! Enjoy your trip!

Archived