The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

We loved the Cheers! We didn't feel like any of the servers avoided us!The Red Frog and the Blue Iguana now have fountain coke products. We were so excited!

The Green Iguana has Tequila and more! Carnival is NOT skimpy with their shots in the drinks at all. It is always a shot and a pour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to buy a cheers program for my four day cruise... But will it be like having a soda card ? I mean, the roving bar servers, once they find out you have a soda card they avoid you like the plague.

Guess I'll have to just plant myself on a bar stool, or grab a drink while walking by.

Just make sure to tip them and they will come around asap.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I guess when you purchase soda card or cheers program the tip gets paid up front, well, I know this, so it goes into a pool of tips for all the bar peeps. So I would hope they are all aware of this, and to know they are not getting stiffed, cause they are not.

I guess when you purchase soda card or cheers program the tip gets paid up front, well, I know this, so it goes into a pool of tips for all the bar peeps. So I would hope they are all aware of this, and to know they are not getting stiffed, cause they are not.

I think they may be talking about an additional tip.

If you drink more than 4 drinks, and don't tip after that, then yes you are shorting them.

Only on the Soda Card after 4 sodas - the Cheers Program tips are included in the price to the level of the program. I typically will tip certain bartenders extra for either quality service or to build a rapport to ensure good pours and prompt service.

Only on the Soda Card after 4 sodas - the Cheers Program tips are included in the price to the level of the program. I typically will tip certain bartenders extra for either quality service or to build a rapport to ensure good pours and prompt service.

Yes and no. Yes technically tips are included. But only 5.60 goes into the tip pool so if you get 15 drinks you have now shorted them 10 bucks that day. I usually tip them an extra buck per drink even if not doing cheers. These people work hard for your money.

Yes and no. Yes technically tips are included. But only 5.60 goes into the tip pool so if you get 15 drinks you have now shorted them 10 bucks that day. I usually tip them an extra buck per drink even if not doing cheers. These people work hard for your money.

No comment. Chose to keep reading the thread.

Edited by Starrgazer50

I've decided to purchase the Cheers program for my first sailing and also purchase a bar setup in my cabin as well, just in case I don't want to venture out for a cocktail and whatever I have leftover from the bar setup I can use on my second sailing. I'm doing a b2b.

Edited by Starrgazer50

If I order a drink on the programme does my wife have to order one at the same time?

No each person over 21 and participating in the program will have their own card to purchase drinks at their leisure.

Edited by Rue21

• 4 weeks later...

I just got off the ''Glory" Saturday, purchase the cheers package @ $301 & change, total with the 15% tip included. I was never avoided by any server due to the package, but I did tip extra, and I notice by doing so, whenever I came back for a drink, they remembered and I was serve very quickly.

I usually get a glass of wine from one of the bars outside the MDR. Once I get half way through it, I order a 2nd one. That way I don't run out! My partner does the same but he drinks beer.

We employ the same method and it seems to work well for us.

We are also thinking of trying Cheers on our next cruise, 8 days with only 3 ports. With the price drop and extra sea days it seems a better deal with a break even point of 4 to 5 drinks a day.

And knowing we have the Cheers program, it may lead to fewer drinks consumed in port, might as well wait to drink on board.

Just got off the Dream a couple of days ago and had Cheers for the fourth time. Maxed it out three days... one day didn't get a single drink on it. Came out ahead again. The Dream allowed me to purchase alcohol before I reached my 15th but was a hard cut-off at 15.

I was told by most of the bartenders on Dream that if you are at 14 you can purchase drinks but once you hit 15 your cut off. If you plan on drinking more then I would suggest asking how many you are at periodically so you don't hit the 15 before your ready. I also had no issue at all with the bartenders treating me differently because I had the Cheers program, if anything I believe they treated me better than ever. Several called me by name after only waiting on me once or twice before they even saw my card. I did tip between 50 cents and $1 each time I got a drink. I personally had a very hard time reaching my 15 each day but still more than broke even overall.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app

I feel like this has been covered but I started second guessing myself and thought that it couldn't hurt to ask..

For 7 day cruises leaving out of Galveston, we are not able to purchase Cheers on the first day. Because we are purchasing cheers for only 6 days, do we get penalized and have to pay the "5 or 6 day" rate? Or do we just pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate? I had assumed it would be the 7 day rate but I could be wrong.

When you HAVE to buy it on the 2nd day because of the tax law (texas) you get billed the per day rate based on the length of your cruise... ie - the 7 day per day rate.. but you will be charged for only the 6 days of using it.